Last One To Post Here Wins Thread 2

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dress them up like a worm.

My rainbow cichlids are spawning...again. No idea what to do with all the fry

sold some aquarium plants today and made a nice $50, probably about $40 once I take out shipping costs

I feel very left out, I've never commented on this thread :lol:

That commercial is sad... The only comment on it is perfect though! Maybe if everyone on the forum writes an angry letter to them they'll stop showing it?? :p

Angry mail or an angry email would work too since you don't have FB :lol:

Maybe I'll do all three :shifty:

This is what i would say if i had AOL, hotmail, yahoo or facebook,
This is sad to have the misconceived notion that goldfish can be kept in tiny bowls, wander why he had to go buy a new one? It was not kept properly is why. They need at least 30 gallons and another 15 gallons for every other gallon with a filter, but dont need a heater because their cold water. Please dont support this video because your just supporting animal abuse, and yes fish are animals.

Sounds like a good angry letter.  Mind if I alter it a bit and really send it? :) If we can get enough people to send it they might actually have to consider taking it down everywhere for good.  

Sweet.  Alrighty Kia, you messed with the wrong hobby!
tongue2.gif

Edit:
How's this sound for an angry letter?

KIA:

I find your new commercial “Fish” to be extremely sad, and offensive.  To have the misconceived notion that Goldfish can be kept in bowls no bigger than what you'd mix a cake in is terrible.

Do you wonder why he had to buy a new fish so fast?  Because Goldfish don't last wrong, correct? Wrong.  In the proper conditions they can easily last 10+ years depending on the type! The proper conditions include:
At least a 30 gallon tank (again depending on type) with another 15 gallons for each fish after the first.
They need a strong filter, they create a lot of waste and so they can soon die because of toxic Ammonia spikes.  Wait, I forgot, you have a fish in a bowl, you don't really know what Ammonia is then do you?  Maybe you should do some research before including animals in your commercials next time?
Goldfish do not need a heater, as they as cold water fish, however, other fish (such as Guppies, Catfish, Platys, Bettas, etc) are tropical, meaning they do need a heater and shouldn't be kept with Goldfish,

Honestly the contents of this video should be considered animal abuse (not just because of the bowl it was kept in, the way the man threw the fish about was also concerning to me), because surprise! Fish are animals! They have feelings, they get sick, they have needs, and they don't deserve to be treated the way they were treated in your video.

I hope that you'll consider not showing this commercial anymore, and if not then I'm afraid I will have to start urging people not to buy from your company anymore.  Who says one person can't make a difference.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Fish Keeper.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Great letter! I hope you merit results.

Alas, I doubt it. You would be extremely lucky to get a reply let alone any action .
Hate to burst your bubble.

daizeUK said:
The problem is, it's interesting enough to warrant a discussion thread of its own! This is where the drivel belongs
tongue2.gif

Every parent I know is scratching their heads trying to figure out what costume their child can wear for World Book Day tomorrow. I guess if you've got girls it's easy, Cinderella and all the usual princesses and fairies are all characters out of books and there's no shortage of princess and fairy costumes. What about boys? All I can find is spiderman and superhero costumes and I'm not sure they count as book characters
wacko.png
I can't even find a Robin Hood or knight outfit.

I counted 27 "Where's Wally"s at my local school (Waldo for you Amerkins). And 42 Harry Potters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back