Kind Of Rescaping

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Okay so I'm thinking I want to trim the wood down.
Something like this. (red section will be cut off)
woodedit.jpg

That way it isn't as bulky, and I can position it how I want, and hold it up with some large pebbles if need be.

I also ordered some plants yesterday;
2x Java Moss
2x Crypt Wendtii
2x Hygrophilia Stricta

I know it's not alot, but it's just something to get me started. Hopefully should be here by Friday.

Nice piece of wood that is, will look good with the right plant's.

Nice piece of wood that is, will look good with the right plant's.

Thanks :) Yeh I'm planning to put some of my larger pieces of java fern on the base of it (where it splits into 2) and I've ordered some Crypt Wendtii that I plan on putting at the base of it in the sand. And Java moss :)

I've got a couple of pieces of drift wood in the tank already with windelov and 'narrow leaf' Java fern growing well on it. So I'm gonna place them at the base of the main piece :)

God knows if that makes any sense. Made sense in my head :lol:

Yeah i get what you mean lol (i think)

So you wanting it to grow up the wood and cover it from the base upwards? If that all works out that will look class too, very natural looking. :good:

So you wanting it to grow up the wood and cover it from the base upwards? If that all works out that will look class too, very natural looking. :good:

Yehp. I really want to build it up at the base. Lots of bushy plants, bit of height with some extra wood. Then some Java moss on the bits that are branching out.

Also just thinking now, I might split my vallis in half and put some in each corner at the back. Might create a bit of depth.

Of course, this is all subject to change when I get to doing it haha.

Yehp. I really want to build it up at the base. Lots of bushy plants, bit of height with some extra wood. Then some Java moss on the bits that are branching out.

Also just thinking now, I might split my vallis in half and put some in each corner at the back. Might create a bit of depth.

Got it all planned then, i think it will look really nice when you have finished it :) when do you plan on starting it that is the question ;) ??

Got it all planned then, i think it will look really nice when you have finished it :) when do you plan on starting it that is the question ;) ??

Well I am just waiting for the plants to arrive. Hopefully should be here Friday. Fingers crossed. But seeing as today isn't too sunny, I'm gonna have to wait to dry that wood out before I cut it. So as soon as that's done, off we go!

Cool stuff, well don't forget the pics when its done :)

Cool stuff, well don't forget the pics when its done :)
Pics will def be going up :)

Just got an email from the place Im getting my plants. They are shipping it today Express post. So will be here tomorrow :D

Crypts have a habit of melting a few days after you put them in the tank. Don't worry though they will regrow very quickly.

Crypts have a habit of melting a few days after you put them in the tank. Don't worry though they will regrow very quickly.

Is there anything I can add to the water that will help the plants remain healthy and flourish? (Without setting up a C02 system)

There are lots of products out there for planted tanks, ferts and all. Even liquid CO2. As far as CO2 goes, I go with a quote by Jack Wattley, if your plants need more CO2, add more fish.

There are lots of products out there for planted tanks, ferts and all. Even liquid CO2. As far as CO2 goes, I go with a quote by Jack Wattley, if your plants need more CO2, add more fish.

Could you give me some names I could maybe look for?

Ohh didn't notice this topic, looking good :good: that piece of wood is... can i have it? :lol: :lol:
Think alot of people recommend Tropica Plant Nutrition and think there's a "plus" version for nitrate boost? Never used it myself but plan on giving it a bash in the near future.

Im trying out the old sugar and yeast DIY CO2 too at the moment, has helped abit but don't think they do too well for tanks over 25g.

Most reactions

Back