Kind Of Rescaping

Got 3 more pots of hair grass today :) But I forgot the pebbles! *Idiot*

I like what you've done, maybe try the vallis behind the main piece of wood on left and fade out to the right with smaller plants ect?
But would prob need alot of plants to fill out the right side, ahh idk lmao. I've got same feeling with ur tank then i do with mine, looks great but something seems missing.
Prob wait for the plants to fill out before i did another change though myself, find it easier to work with plants when they've grown there 'shape' lol.

Keep us updated with pics too :good:

I like what you've done, maybe try the vallis behind the main piece of wood on left and fade out to the right with smaller plants ect?
I thought of putting the Vallis there, but didn't want it to get stuck to the filter :/ I'm thinking I want some sort of 'pebble mountain' on the right hand side, with that little bit of wood poking out of it. Also thinking of putting some "Anubias Nana Local" on that little piece, but will probably have to wait until next pay day. -_-
I like the idea of having that pathway in the centre. Probably goes against the 'scaping rules' or whatever you call it haha. Golden ratio etc. But the corys seem to love snuffling through there.

Here are some pics for updates.

Just after I moved the plants around. As you can see, put all the Hygro Stricta together. They are looking much happir now :)
And moved the 'big green plant' (no idea on name, som i'm calling it that :lol:) behind the wood, filled out the corner a little more.
07022012685.jpg

After adding the 3 extra pots of Hair Grass I got today.
08022012686.jpg

Hair grass
08022012687.jpg

And the wood. Which IMO I think is going to look much better once I get my Wendtii.
08022012688.jpg

Once again I apologise for the poor quality. Any further suggestion more then welcome :) Thanks for looking.

Lol i don't even remember typing that, had a sneaky few too many B-)
Tanks looking good, i like it alot :good:

Lol i don't even remember typing that, had a sneaky few too many B-)
Tanks looking good, i like it alot :good:

Hahaha! Nice!

And thanks, it's coming along a little better :)

Looking really good. As for the path down the middle, just say its Dutch style. They always have avenues in their designs.

Looking really good. As for the path down the middle, just say its Dutch style. They always have avenues in their designs.

Thanks!

My java fern is dying :/ Or I think it's dying. It's turning brown on the outer edges.

You just get this java fern? If so - mine done the same for a while then picked itself up, still a tiny few 'dodgy leafs'
but there's some mega root growth. :good:

Apperantly the stuff is next to impossible to kill, unless you bury it :lol:

The plants on that piece of wood look good! I also like your sand, it's looks like salt. :D

You just get this java fern? If so - mine done the same for a while then picked itself up, still a tiny few 'dodgy leafs'
but there's some mega root growth.

Apperantly the stuff is next to impossible to kill, unless you bury it

Noo this Java fern has been in my tank for a while and was really thriving. But now it's just gone brown, the bigger leaves look like their being burnt from the outside in. Java moss is starting to look a little brownish too. The only thing I have changed is adding liquid CO2 everyday, and plant food once a week.

The plants on that piece of wood look good! I also like your sand, it's looks like salt.
Thanks very much :) Hopefully my other plants will arrive soon! The cory's and Kribs love the sand :)

Can i steal your topic a little, it could help you too? :fun:
Will over-dosing ferts cause brown algae? ever since i started ferts i've had what i think is brown algae growing over rocks and on glass.

Liquid co2 better then DIY sugar/yeast co2 too? i've had a good growth rate with my diy co2 :p

Will over-dosing ferts cause brown algae? ever since i started ferts i've had what i think is brown algae growing over rocks and on glass.

Liquid co2 better then DIY sugar/yeast co2 too? i've had a good growth rate with my diy co2 :p

Yes to many ferts can cause an algae bloom. If your plants aren't using it up then algae will take advantage. IMO CO2 gas is much preferable to liquid. The liquid is so easy to overdose with, even when following directions.

I'm willing to share, haha I'm nice like that :)

Yes to many ferts can cause an algae bloom. If your plants aren't using it up then algae will take advantage. IMO CO2 gas is much preferable to liquid. The liquid is so easy to overdose with, even when following directions.
Thankfully, I don't think I am over dosing. I haven't had any algae. I've stopped dosing for a couple of days, and then will continue with half doses as you suggested. Java fern is still dying though. Very slowly. Well I think it's dying.

And Im still waiting for my Wendtii!! :angry:
Oh and I got more Tiger Barbs :fun:

Most reactions

Back