Kind Of Rescaping

Welcome back!
Sorry to hear of the drama. I know how taxing it can be.
Nice going with the swords and scoring the large colonies of crypts.
Can't wait for the new pics.

I've just ordered some more plants (I have an addiction I swear)

List is as follows;

1x Echinodorus Ozelot Red
3x Echinodorus Amazonicus
2x Java Fern
2x Echinodorus Quadricostatus (Broad Leaf Chain Sword)

They have been posted today, so they should arrive tomorrow. Seeing as I am having some luck with swords, I thought I'd try a few more.
Once these have been planted, pics will be on their way :)

Do you have a journal of this in planted?

Well I planted the new additions today. I have to say, the quality of these plants were excellent. A much larger size then what I'm used to getting and so healthy!

I'll wait until tonight to take photos, give it time to settle.
Also, seeing as CO2 is produced by fish respiration, am I right in assuming that adding more fish will increase the amount of CO2 being produced?

Ps3Steveo - I haven't. Should I have? :/

I remember many years ago, someone asking Jack Wattley about adding CO2 to their discus tank. His response was that if you want more CO2, add more fish, as it also adds more fertilizers to the aquarium.

Well I guess I'll be making a trip to the fish shop tomorrow! I want to up my numbers of Hengle's.

As promised, pictures have arrived.

This is when the Bacopa's and Costata's had died. My vallis had suddenly decided to struggle like it's Monday morning as well.

IMG_5364.jpg

This is just to show how much the Red Ozelot has grown. I'm really quite impressed with it as I thought I wouldn't be very succesful keeping it.
The Amazon Swords have taken off too and looking really healthy.

IMG_5369.jpg

You can see how much my Wendtii has taken off. The roots go for miles all over the wood. The Anubias on the wood at the front has nearly doubled in size too. It didn't attached to the wood last time, so I've moved it onto the top of that piece of wood, hopefully it takes off. The Tropica's outter leaves started looking a little sad and dying, I pulled off what I could, and they're starting to perk up a bit now and reproducing little plants of their stems. (Love how they shoot off upright stems by the way!)

IMG_5370.jpg

And here is the final product.

IMG_5489.jpg

I took advantage of the larger sized Amazons that I was sent, and put them in the back to fill it out a bit. If they're anything like the ones that are growing now, I should have a nice full backing.
As for where the Vallis is/was I'm planning on getting some more. I can't stand not having any height.

The Broad Leaf Chain Swords were recommended as a foreground plant, but these are huge! Does anyone have any experience with these? Do the little nobby bits on the end of their 'chains' flower/reproduce little plants? I thought I'd give them a go anyway considering every sword variety in my tank is doing so well thus far.

Anyway, I apologise again for the dodgey photography, hopefully it doesn't look too bad. Any suggestions are more then welcome as per usual :)
Thanks for the support guys :)

I went to the fish shop today. So the new additions are;

5x Tiger barbs (they're so cute when they're little!)
5x Hengle Rasbora
5x Black Neon Tetra

It's looking a little more full now. I took a video today, so might try to upload it sometime soon.

Just scored a bunch of Vallis from my bf's tank. It had completely over grown, so free plants for me! Just a poor photo. Will put it in tomorrow.
Vallis.jpg

Goodness I haven't been on here in a long LONG time. Things have been pretty full on here down under. I've been interstate for the past 2 months also! Hope you all are well!

Recently I lost Papa Krib :( Not sure why, he just disappeared. However, he has provided me with an opportunity to get either some German Blue Rams, or, a pair of Fire Mouths. 
Any recommendations?! If I were to get the GBR's, would I be able to put more then one pair in? 

Hopefully people are still checking this topic, otherwise I'll just sit here and talk to myself! 
yahoo.gif

Hopefully a good ride!? 
And thank you very much. As you can tell, I change my mind a lot, and not always happy with the outcome. 

Any suggestions on the GBR vs Fire mouth topic?

I don't know cichlids at all ... but just from what I've read on this forum I'd go for the GBRs. They sound like much calmer fish and would get along better with your current stock, especially now that Mr. Killer is gone. My husband had a pair of firemouths in his tank with a pair of oscars and everybody held their own, but I was relieved when he rehomed them all and switched to discus. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back