Killzone 3

BIG BAD BARRY

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Is anybody buying the new Killzone 3 due out soon?

Has anybody played the beta and is it any good?

Apart from RE5, have not used PS3 Move on any similar game.

Is anybody buying the new Killzone 3 due out soon?

Has anybody played the beta and is it any good?

Apart from RE5, have not used PS3 Move on any similar game.

KZ3 will be a must for me.

I haven't, nor will i, use move. i cant see any point in this type of game.

Seeing as my PS has now packed in, I won't be getting KZ3. But I was definately considering it before hand!!

James.

Been there!

Laser unit went on it last year. Got it fixed locally as Sony was too expensive.

Bad times!

Who fixed it for you? A chain store or independant electronics store? Or just someone you knew?

James.

Who fixed it for you? A chain store or independant electronics store? Or just someone you knew?

James.

if its a laser head, or a complete Blu-Ray unit. both are very easy to fix. and it stays fixed.
the rlod is a different matter, even Sony recons go PHUT after a short while. the rlod is fixed with a "reflow" (heating the main board till the solder gets hot enough to flow, not melt). again, with care, an easy fix. but sell the thing on, for sure it will go again.

i realise i should not encourage you to sell a unit, you know will go pop again, on. but why not? Sony sold the originals knowing that this would happen, cant see why we should act differently.

James.

It was a local shop that offerred a longer warranty.
Sony were asking for a lot more money and do not repair the unit but give you a recon system which i was not happy with.

It went after a software upgrade as did many other peoples according to the forums at the time but any link was denied.

James.

It went after a software upgrade as did many other peoples according to the forums at the time but any link was denied.

that's interesting. i had no idea it was a BIG problem, even being a member of two digital, and one mature gamers forum. this is the only, first hand, account i have read of the problem. is this the update? linky

It was after an update last March when like many others COD was getting a pasting!
Everything else was fine. Just wouldnt read a disk of any type.

I think it was 3.30 and 60gb machines like mine seemed to have been the main victims........................try not to think about it.........bad times with COD! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back