Keiths New Tank Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I must say this is one of the most interesting threads ive ever read!
Beautiful tank mate and them rays are just stunning.
Keith is just jaw-dropping!

I must say this is one of the most interesting threads ive ever read!
Beautiful tank mate and them rays are just stunning.
Keith is just jaw-dropping!
thanks.

have you read my big tank journal? there is a link at the bottom of my sig. quite a lot of info and choices made in there, well worth a flick through :good:

I see that Keith is now for sale. Hope you find a good home for him mate, he really is gorgeous :)

OMG Selling Keith! :eek: How dear you!?
angry.gif

well ive got Keith and the ornatums up for sale so which ever goes first goes and i keep whats left...... dont really want to sell either tbh but something has to go :sad:

Really feel for you Matt, it's avery tough choice indeed mate.
tbh honest i kept changing my mind from Keith to the ornatums so i figured that if i put them both up for sale then i would let the public decide.... :lol:

as much as i love Keith he has a big tank pretty much to himself and as ive now got the rays this is the direction i want to go in. on the other side he is a fantastic wet pet and the nicest oscar ive ever seen and the kids love him :wub: i would really love him to go to a member on here so i can keep up with him but thats not really likely tbh. :sad:

the ornatums are an extremely rare cichlid that only a handfull of people are lucky enough to keep at the minute and after having them from a tiny dull juvi they are now turning into stunning fish and i would kick myself if i didnt keep them to adults. these fish i may never get to keep again without paying through the roof for adults and as they are slow growers i wouldnt want to go back a step with them and get juvis again if the chance ever came. they are potential 14 inch fish so without a tank upgrade i cant keep them all in my 5ft but just to keep 2 adults would be awesome....

it will be tough to see either go but as i said i want to move on and try with the rays. if it doesnt work out then getting another oscar will be much easier than an ornatum and a hell of a lot cheaper too.....

pics of the rays feeding. mmmmmmmm bloodworms again!
008-19.jpg

the male has coloured up a bit
the female is the one on the rock and the male is the one thats under the wood in the background. but yeah he has coloured up, much better than what he was in the shop tank anyway. the female is much brighter in colouration, i guess its down to different motoro strains. he may even be a black motoro X.... :unsure:

i guess time will tell....

you tried the rays on pellets? most will take them, floating or sinking. Earthworms are also a good nutirional food for them. Blood worm isn't great for their main diet.

I sold my Oscar at the weekend. Sad to see him go but he was wrecking the tank and started to get extremely aggressive toward the severum. The tank looks really empty without him. Really broke my heart, sold him to someone I know so will still see him but its not the same.

you tried the rays on pellets? most will take them, floating or sinking. Earthworms are also a good nutirional food for them. Blood worm isn't great for their main diet.
when i first got the female she would eat prima and bloodworms as this is what she has been fed by the breeder. after a few days she just wouldnt take the prima anymore and refused it....

the male will eat bloodworm, prawn, mussel but wont touch dry stuff.....

so between them they will eat bloodworm like there is no tomorrow. prawn and mussel are given once or twice a week but in small amounts as reccomended by N. monks.

i know bloodworm isnt great as a staple food but i guess they are eating something. i keep trying different dry foods but so far no success. i also tried tilapia last night and both refused it!

what ever gets left my BGK or catfish clean up so its not all bad. they are still young though so i guess if i keep trying them they will come round eventually but i dont want to try starving them as they are so young.

just had a call about Keith and it looks like he might be going this afternoon/evening :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back