Juwel Rio 400 (400L)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Verminator89

Jack Dempsey Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please only post if your genuinly interested in buying. Dislike post's saying "Good luck with the sale" and what-not. Thanks

Equipment make/model/size: Juwel Rio 400
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: House move forces closure of a few tanks
Delivery or Collection: Collection (Delivery 'might' be possible for a fee)
Sales price: £200 £150 (ono)
Postage & Packaging: N/A
Photograph:
DSCF1586.jpg

DSCF1587.jpg

Sale includes Tank & Stand. This tank was purchased literally a few months ago as second hand. Unfortunately due to a house move next month we have to cut down our tanks and the biggest one has to go. It is a second hand tank, lets be honest, it has its fair amount of scratches across the front of the tank. They were there when we bought the tank and its never bothered us because it hasn't been a tank we sit up close and view. Its always been at a distance for us to view when were all in the kitchen, and the scratches aren't visable. Its the older style Juwel, so is a 400L tank. The internal filter box was cut out by us, as we have our own External Filter, this is NOT included in the sale. It has a brand new Juwel T8 Rio 300/400 light ballast bought by us to replace the broken old one. There are two new bulbs in this, with two new spares ones and the set of tubes that came with the tank (6 in total). The heater we have is also included in the sale. tank comes with sand (optional) and an variety of synthetic plants that have cost £50+ in total.

Only other notable negative was that when we transported the tank back the centre braces both perished. Obviously age had its effects. We half filled the tank untill we sourced from AutoGlass, two braces cut to fit the inside gap, we then siliconed them in meticulously. Picture below - filled with water taken tonight. The tank was left to cure and filled, since then it has been absolutely fine. Alternatively for the cost of roughly £22 from eBay you can purchase brand new original brace bars to fit this 400L Rio 400. We didn't know this at the time of doing our repair.

DSCF1588.jpg

So thats the tank. I've been completely open an honest. If your looking for a 'show' tank, there are better alternatives. If your looking for a nice large tank to keep, breed or whatever with your fish, then this could be for you.

NOTE: At the request of the owner this is a note to state this will be listed on eBay in the next few days.

I have here listed for sale more fish than you can shake a stick at, atleast take a look :)

Cheers,
James
Selling on behalf of my girlfriends step-dad.

EDIT: RE-SIZED THE RED :sly:

if only i had the money :( and the transport. Hope it goes well.

Lovely tank.. I would buy it. But I already have a rio 400.

Goodluck with the sale..

Do people actually read the whole thread? Read the bright red writing at the top of the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially worse after i resized it after the first plonker did it. Lol, nevermind.

Flaming, no? Thats like a red flag to a bull for me. Seriously?

Bump

We move house iminently and this HAS to go so price lowered. Also what wasn't noted in the first post is it comes with two used bulbs, and 4 new ones. The light unit itself is brand new as the original one was broken when we purchased. That alone cost 95 quid (keyboard has lost the pound sign?) new.

I will take it bud , should be able to pick it up tonight ! If it helps !!! Have sent you a pm !!! Cheers nik

Sold pending collection tonight :) See you later Nik (don't get lost with my directions eek) The alleyway really is 'obscure' haha!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back