Just Lost Me Job

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

gavva

Reaction score
put hey who cares same day a won a polario air pump worth 200 quid :rolleyes:

I have been laid off since october 08, just cant find a joiners job out there full time.

I've been out since November. around here, if you say you will not work 6 days for 12 hours, you are LAZY (so they tell me)! its a bad time atm, not helped by greedy employers.

I wouldnt work 6 days for 12 hours, I went to work in a food factory the other week just to keep the bills paid, it was £5.73p an hour and they said overtime was compulsary most days so that they got the food out, I did one day 14 hour shift with a hour and half break, and no one to talk to because they are all immigrants. Quit after the day.

I wouldnt work 6 days for 12 hours, I went to work in a food factory the other week just to keep the bills paid, it was £5.73p an hour and they said overtime was compulsary most days so that they got the food out, I did one day 14 hour shift with a hour and half break, and no one to talk to because they are all immigrants. Quit after the day.

been there. :good:

we do need to be careful blaming the imported workers. it the temp agency's that are to blame. despite there being no jobs, they are still recruiting and bringing people over. its the tax fiddles and the scams of these leaches(agency's) that are causing, much of the problems we face. along with increased greed by employers who use the situation to increase work load whilst, reducing the workers income, to supplement their own. around here you will not get a job, unless you sign away your rights under the working time directive. still that problem wont last long. the right to "opt out" of the directive, is to be removed. and finally employers will have to start paying a living wage, without the need to work 60 hour+. they are kicking and screaming about it. but i see no reason why an employer should be able to force the rest of us to pay, because they are too greedy to pay a descent wage. every person on low wages has their income topped up via different benefits. and we all pay for that. its hard to understand why everyone else should pay, so an employer can bolster their own profits. its absolute cock thay they cant afford to pay, they never seem to do too badly themselfs.

if you are out of work then you have more time to spend with your fish. Time for you to take up fish breeding on a big scale :)

if you are out of work then you have more time to spend with your fish. Time for you to take up fish breeding on a big scale :)

Haha I dont have any fish I am in the middle of my first tank cycle so all I can look at is a 10 gallon tank with two plants inside lol.

been there. :good:

we do need to be careful blaming the imported workers. it the temp agency's that are to blame. despite there being no jobs, they are still recruiting and bringing people over. its the tax fiddles and the scams of these leaches(agency's) that are causing, much of the problems we face. along with increased greed by employers who use the situation to increase work load whilst, reducing the workers income, to supplement their own. around here you will not get a job, unless you sign away your rights under the working time directive. still that problem wont last long. the right to "opt out" of the directive, is to be removed. and finally employers will have to start paying a living wage, without the need to work 60 hour+. they are kicking and screaming about it. but i see no reason why an employer should be able to force the rest of us to pay, because they are too greedy to pay a descent wage. every person on low wages has their income topped up via different benefits. and we all pay for that. its hard to understand why everyone else should pay, so an employer can bolster their own profits. its absolute cock thay they cant afford to pay, they never seem to do too badly themselfs.

Got an uncle who gets paid a low wage for heinz, but he also gets money from the goverment because his wage is low, which we all pay for whilst heinz roll around in there billions lol

Got an uncle who gets paid a low wage for heinz, but he also gets money from the goverment because his wage is low, which we all pay for whilst heinz roll around in there billions lol

my point in a nut shell!!!! :good: :good: :good:

i totally understand the reasoning behind support for those on low wages. unfortunately business has got so used to living of the help of others, whilst giving large dividends to shareholders and often, large bonuses for themselves. the Greed of the 80's is coming home to roost. those who have benefited, are now winging like crazy. we will just have to see how it shakes out. i remember calls of "it will make us bankrupt" when the minimum wage was muted. the reality is it has held down wages, and greatly benefited business. who gives a toss what business says, their greed will make them complain, the reality will be somwhat different.

Sorry to hear... must be dificult... Good luck on finding another one which you'll enjoy!

Please don't read me wrong here, but we've got the "affirmative action" policy going here in SA, & I honestly thought that this only happens to white South Africans..... did not realize that it is universal....

Aye ive also been unemployed since Christmas eve (made redundant) thankfully im still living at home and have no children or anything or Id be in a real sorry state. Sure does give you alot of time to research fish though :blush:

Sorry to hear it.
I find out next week if I'm one of the 300 people being made redundant, there's only 500 people there at the moment so we're down sizing quite a bit.
I work 12 hour shifts on rota, as I've got a young family I have no problems doing as much overtime as I can. I've just done 4 extra days (today being the fourth, all 12 hours) and start normal shift tomorrow being another 2 days then 2 nights.
Its down to the individual by all means, I don't gave much sympathpy for moaners who won't do the hours but complain money is tight etc. That's not aimed at anyone here, just my thoughts in general :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back