Jumping spider having a snack by our front door!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

They’re one of the most common ones there. Invasive in New Zealand as well, came on a cargo ship. Found one under the wood pile
I didn't know you were in NZ! Top dream place I'd love to go. My friend who moved there said of NZ "it's all the best parts of Aus, without all the deadly things" :lol: Apparently there are still a few terrifying things there! I'm so sorry for what your grandfather has gone through. That's awful. :(

I didn't know you were in NZ! Top dream place I'd love to go. My friend who moved there said of NZ "it's all the best parts of Aus, without all the deadly things" :lol: Apparently there are still a few terrifying things there! I'm so sorry for what your grandfather has gone through. That's awful. :(
She isn't in NZ. She's in Washington State but used to live in NZ I believe.

Rocky is correct. I used to live in NZ, my family is there. Currently in the US (where my grandpa got bit by a hobo spider) the white tail was found in Nz

Ah, so my memory ISNT as screwed as I thought 🤣

I talk to different creatures to... Like frogs and lizards. Maybe a spider here and there.

This type of spider is EVEYWHERE near us. I call them orb weavers (even though I don't think they really are a type of orb weaver).
This guy's is just a small one though 😳
View attachment 165975
that's a pretty looking spider. does it bite? also is that it;s kid in the lower left hand corner?

that's a pretty looking spider. does it bite? also is that it;s kid in the lower left hand corner?
Very pretty.
Oh yes I'm very positive it has a nasty bite, even though I've never looked into it.
And I'm not sure but very well could be as alot of times they are grouped together with a bunch of smaller ones and other ones their own size

Very pretty.
Oh yes I'm very positive it has a nasty bite, even though I've never looked into it.
And I'm not sure but very well could be as alot of times they are grouped together with a bunch of smaller ones and other ones their own size
Great. They're ganging up now and hunting in packs. The human species is doomed.

Great time to become spiderman...

I thought I'd heard of all the potentially deadly Australian creatures, but that one is new to me, and I deeply regret watching some short video clips... they're horrifying. How common is it to see one?
In summer they are common and they wander everywhere and are quick, but the rest of the year in the cooler areas you don't see them. However, it's always a good idea to check un the sheets before getting into bed. you never know when something is going to be hiding in there.

@GaryE
We did have a member win POTM with his jumping spider. @Tacocat won POTM in July 2021.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back