Josh's Marine Adventure!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Here's the pics seffie :) its a little hard to see th other half of it though!
58c2050f.jpg

1b931e0f.jpg

0675f264.jpg

Something else I spotted on the same rock, any ideas?
87517341.jpg

Josh :)

Wooo! Nitrite was 1 yesterday morning, 0.5 last night and now this morning...BIG FAT ZEROOO :D

So what's the next step? 40% WC then add CUC?

Anyone got a idea about the above pics? also I got my moonlight kit now, its really cool, something in there is glowing fluro orange under it though! got some pics I'll post em em :)

Wooo! Nitrite was 1 yesterday morning, 0.5 last night and now this morning...BIG FAT ZEROOO :D

Anyone got a idea about the above pics? also I got my moonlight kit now, its really cool, something in there is glowing fluro orange under it though! got some pics I'll post em em :)
i would wait another day test nitrite and nitrates, wait till your nitrates drop to 10, do the water change and test again in 12 hours, if ammonia nitrite are 0 and nitrate is below 10 your fine for CUC

i would wait another day test nitrite and nitrates, wait till your nitrates drop to 10, do the water change and test again in 12 hours, if ammonia nitrite are 0 and nitrate is below 10 your fine for CUC

yes, I agree with Truck, I would do a lovely big 50% water change though.

Your pictures - well, when I saw the first picture, I thought, oh dear Aiptaisia but then I looked a the second and thought, hang on, don't think that is Aip :crazy: could it be several things very close, the white bit at the back looks like the little white sponges but then the thing at the front looks like a shell, gawd

the last picture could be a mojano :S

Seffie x

:fish:

The red thing looks like a sponge/tunicate of some sort. Likely harmless. Not sure about that other wierd lookin thing though...

Thanks for the help sef & ski :good:

I think maybe its best to remove this strange thing just incase, what would be the best way to go about doing it?

Cheers :)

Oky cool :good:

Went to maidenhead again to have a nose @ what CUC they have, the only hermits they had in were a few 'rock hermits' today, no blues, reds etc..their legs and bodys were a browny colour, I asked if they were reef & fish safe and they said yes. The only snails they had were turbos too, so I was a little bit gutted!! Is there a decent online place I can get snails etc from?

On a side note, bought hagen glo t5 ballasts and a acitinic and 18k white tube, will make up my own hood tomorrow and get it fitted, will this be ok for keeping corals now?? got a JBL phosphate test kit too :good:

Oky cool :good:

Went to maidenhead again to have a nose @ what CUC they have, the only hermits they had in were a few 'rock hermits' today, no blues, reds etc..their legs and bodys were a browny colour, I asked if they were reef & fish safe and they said yes. The only snails they had were turbos too, so I was a little bit gutted!! Is there a decent online place I can get snails etc from?

On a side note, bought hagen glo t5 ballasts and a acitinic and 18k white tube, will make up my own hood tomorrow and get it fitted, will this be ok for keeping corals now?? got a JBL phosphate test kit too :good:
2*24watts is nearly what i have i have 2*28 watts, you should be fine for all softies and a few LPS tbh

im ordering my CUC from ultimate aquatics (google it) theyre well priced and postage is £15, but it still works out cheaper than maidenhead, because they charge £5.50 a hermit :crazy:

Hey Tina :)

Thanks for the link! Getting on with building the hood right now, I guess gloss white is the best colour for the inside to help reflect more light into the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back