Jack Dempsey tank mates 100g

Will T711

Reaction score
Hey! I was considering starting a 100 gallon tank (Iā€™m in NZ so our tanks are different as theyā€™re in litres but itā€™s sort of in the middle of a 90 and a 125g in terms of size) I wanted to get a jack Dempsey but there is a lot of information thrown around and I thought I might try something new, so I thought I might as well give a forum a shot. Iā€™m looking at tank mates for a JD as well as advice on keeping aggression down.
I love the look of red spotted severums and green terrors but theres no way Iā€™m rushing into the idea without plenty of advice. (Iā€™m open to any options) Thank you :)

If you are after a single JD you could do a Central American cichlid tank based around that with a group of same sex singletons. I really want to do a female only tank with Nicaraguans, salvini, and an ebjd. Maybe a Deppi if I could find it then have a bunch of live bearers and a harder water schooler if I could find them.

Just to check though what sort of water do you have? Soft or hard?

Wills

Itā€™s pretty much just an idea at the moment, I have always looked at Jack Dempseys as a fish Iā€™ve really wanted to have, probably a singular one. Just love them. my water is moderately hard.

Itā€™s pretty much just an idea at the moment, I have always looked at Jack Dempseys as a fish Iā€™ve really wanted to have, probably a singular one. Just love them. my water is moderately hard.
Here is my jack he's beautiful

Attachments

• 20201005_093044_HDR~2.jpg
    20201005_093044_HDR~2.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 62
salvini, green terror, convict

I'd stay away from the severum....they are very peaceful considering their size. They better fit into the south american type of tank

Most reactions

Back