Jack Dempsey tank mates 100g

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Will T711

Reaction score
Hey! I was considering starting a 100 gallon tank (Iā€™m in NZ so our tanks are different as theyā€™re in litres but itā€™s sort of in the middle of a 90 and a 125g in terms of size) I wanted to get a jack Dempsey but there is a lot of information thrown around and I thought I might try something new, so I thought I might as well give a forum a shot. Iā€™m looking at tank mates for a JD as well as advice on keeping aggression down.
I love the look of red spotted severums and green terrors but theres no way Iā€™m rushing into the idea without plenty of advice. (Iā€™m open to any options) Thank you :)

If you are after a single JD you could do a Central American cichlid tank based around that with a group of same sex singletons. I really want to do a female only tank with Nicaraguans, salvini, and an ebjd. Maybe a Deppi if I could find it then have a bunch of live bearers and a harder water schooler if I could find them.

Just to check though what sort of water do you have? Soft or hard?

Wills

Itā€™s pretty much just an idea at the moment, I have always looked at Jack Dempseys as a fish Iā€™ve really wanted to have, probably a singular one. Just love them. my water is moderately hard.

Itā€™s pretty much just an idea at the moment, I have always looked at Jack Dempseys as a fish Iā€™ve really wanted to have, probably a singular one. Just love them. my water is moderately hard.
Here is my jack he's beautiful

Attachments

• 20201005_093044_HDR~2.jpg
    20201005_093044_HDR~2.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 61
salvini, green terror, convict

I'd stay away from the severum....they are very peaceful considering their size. They better fit into the south american type of tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back