I'Ve Got A Qustion About My Aquarium

squiremaster

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
443
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Canada
is this aquarium a suitable living condition for a Betta and 2 ADFs?
http://img30.imageshack.us/i/dsc02173ns.jpg/
Pipes and vase I just bought today
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/dsc02174b.jpg/
I saw my Betta hide in this pirate head once
http://img140.imageshack.us/i/dsc02175fi.jpg/
my Betta often hides in this area of plants
http://img195.imageshack.us/i/dsc02177ks.jpg/
 
Hi everyone,
A male betta needs a minimum tank size of about 11 x 11 x 11 inches. That's 5-6 gallons of water. Otherwise you'd have to clean the tank over 100% every week!
 
At 3 gallons, give or take, the tank is plenty big enough for a betta but is smaller than I would use for one. I prefer to keep my bettas with other fish and the tank would be getting full with that one betta in it. At the most, a single small fish like an endler would work. Who wants a single small fish though?
 
No it's nowhere near big enough. You need 5 gallons or bigger for the betta alone, 10 gals if you want ADF's with it and plenty of tall plants for the fish and frogs to rest in/on.

3 gallons is ok for a well planted and scaped shrimp tank though so it needn't go to waste.
 
I disagree with you Honeythorn and I seriously doubt we will ever resolve that by just digging in our heels and shouting back and forth. Although I presently have a betta in a 45 gallon and the other in a 120 gallon, I see no problem with a small and well maintained tank for a single betta. As I said, I prefer to house mine with other fish so a larger tank is needed to satisfy my personal preferences. It seems a 5 or 10 gallon is needed to satisfy your personal preferences but the fish's true needs can be met in rather small quarters.
 
3 Gallons is adequate for a betta. Although more is better, a betta will comfertably live in 3g :)
But, i dont think that tank is suitable for the 2 ADF's
 
you guys are right no ADFs for me. do you know any fish that can go in there with a Betta right now
 

Most reactions

Back
Top