It's A Sad Day Today

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LucyB

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My beloved Smokey the goldfish died last night of (I suspect) dropsy. I quarantined him & added meds but I was too late. :-(

You might think "Why was he so special...He's a goldfish" Well let me answer that with 2 pictures:

flakes.jpg

015-3.jpg

:hey:

037.jpg

024-1.jpg

Him with Cali and Pablo:

013-6.jpg

RIP SMOKEY, I'll miss you :rip:

Sorry for your loss, my Husband has a goldfish at work called Steve (after a fellow worker who loved his food as much as the goldfish), and everyone at work would be devestated if/ when Steve (the fish) passes. Will you get another similar coloured goldfish to recreate the 3 amigos? or just keep the duo for a while?

I'm going to get another hopefully... The tank doesn't look right with 2... -_-

Sorry to hear about this Lucy but at least he wasn't sick for a long time, it was quick and he had a nice life and even became an internet celebrity! I understand how you feel - I nearly gave up fishkeeping when I lost my goldfish, O'Neil (named after a character on Stargate ;)) - they are great little fishies :)

RIP!

His memory will live on! Especially in the random giggles I will be having for the forseeable future, as I wander around work going "ERMERGERD FLAYKS!!!" especially at feeding time (my feeding time, as well as the fish's).

regardless of how long you've had a fish, unless you're a complete heartless b*stard (or you're completely desensitised to fish deaths), then its heart breaking to lose a fish. I've had Shinji my ryukin for a few weeks now, and I'd be distraught if anything happened to him! He's getting a Ranchu friend when I can afford one :D

Thanks Guys, He really was a special goldfish :nod:

Moby-krib - LOL :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back