The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PineappleSmells

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where to post this...i have a penn-plax 300 internal filter in my 10 gallon tank. As I was doing a water change and examining the filter for dirtiness, I accidentally let the air muffler of the air tube dip into the water. I dried it off the best I could, even inside the muffler.

If you don't know what piece I'm talking about, here's the instructions for the filter. It should be the first part listed

https://goo.gl/images/f81ZSk

I think I'm just being paranoid, but could any water that could have gone down the tubing cause problems? I'm not even sure what the air muffler and tubing does, but i know it's supposed to be outside the water above water level

I wouldnt worry about it.

I wouldnt worry about it.
Yeah, I was just worried it would mess with the filtering or cause electrical issues....then I remembered that whenever the filter is on, water goes up into the tubing a little anyways...lol

All that little tube does is draw air into the water outflow so the filter can make bubbles. It's called a venturi. Over the years I've had several filters with this feature. If the tube gets water in it just won't make bubbles. I never wanted the bubbles so I never used the tube.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back