Is This A Bacterial Bloom?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

paulbr1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, well we have been cycled for a month or so and all is good - except for this morning!

I popped the lights on around 11AM and there is a definate haze in the water, last night it was a clear as a bell.

Paramiters
7.6 PH
0ppm Ammo
0ppm Nitrite
20ppm Nitrate
So all is well there

I took a few pics but with the flash all haze seemed to dissapear so here is one without, Any ideas?
DSCF2409.jpg

Am I seeing the small telltale bubbles on the glass of a water change?

Not that uncommon to have haze after a water change.. goes away.

Don't know your filter size and cleaning habits, a filter can eventually reach a point where it no longer performs its mechanical filtration function because it needs cleaning...

A mild bacterial bloom could occur in the unusual instance of there being some excess organics in the tank or water supply and this would be expected to go away fairly soon too, given good maintenance habits.

~~waterdrop~~

The water change was last week so any watermarks are probably from me doing a full param. check.

I do have a few small areas with brown algea on the substrate - I think I will go for a 50% WC and see how it goes.

Paul.

ok, guess I can't tell if I'm seeing algae or perhaps outside glass water marks in your pic that look a bit like little bubbles...

doesn't sound like a big deal...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back