Invisible Brillo

Alien Anna

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
you may remember me talking about my pheonix-like bristlenosed plec who rose from the dead a few weeks back? Well Brillo used to stick onto the front glass and come out for food regularly - he wasn't particularly shy (for a pleco). Then I went away on holiday and the lights blew when I was away and he was in total darkness for 11 days.

Since I've come back I've seen him about once a week if that, usually all I see is the white tip of his tail disappearing under some bogwood. I did try to catch him the other day, when cleaning the tank and he wasn't skinny or anything, but he moved too quickly and I didn't get a good look.

So what gives? Is he likely to be ill? Agrophobic? Shy? Wherever he's hiding, its probably in the same place as the chain loaches I haven't seen either. I'm worried he isn't eating but I put some frozen peas in the tank last night and by morning they were gone, so I'm hoping he ate them. I do like the heavily planted tank look, but this is one major disadvantage.

Hi Anna, I just want to say a BIG BIG SORRY if I offended you in anyway. :( It was never my intention to undermine the great work you do here. I agree the planted tank can be a pain in the rear sometimes. My bristlenose cats love frozen peas too. Again sorry.

aquamanis said:
Hi Anna, I just want to say a BIG BIG SORRY if I offended you in anyway. :( It was never my intention to undermine the great work you do here. I agree the planted tank can be a pain in the rear sometimes. My bristlenose cats love frozen peas too. Again sorry.
Aquamanis, its all in the past. I've forgotten about it already. I'm actually more concerned about my invisible catfish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back