🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CozyCat

Fish Fanatic
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a new fish keeper from Australia🙃
I set up my first tank for my birthday in February, now I have four tanks lol😂
LOVE corydoras and betta fish, I also have some guppies and a honey gourami called Pikachu. Each of my tanks are planted aquariums except one which houses my mum's betta, it's technically mine since I maintain it for her😊
Would love to keep discus in a big planted aquarium one day.
I also have a lot of snails and cherry shrimp in my aquariums along with a freshwater mussel named Russel.
Outside of fish keeping, I'm a university student studying animal and marine science, and am working towards a career in marine research and conservation of the marine environment. I also enjoy gardening and growing vegetables.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone😄

Welcome to TFF...Looks like you have MTS (multiple tank syndrome).
Lots of helpful knowledgeable members here to answer any question you may have. Enjoy our forums.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

ozzie ozzie ozzie :)

You better hurry up with the marine science research because the planet is warming up and there won't be much left alive when you graduate.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

4 tanks already, wow, fast learner.

Being a marine student this must be a neat little hobby for you, still lots to learn about this fishkeeping lark as you never stop learning new things.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum and another Aussie from down under is always welcome :lol:

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

ozzie ozzie ozzie :)

You better hurry up with the marine science research because the planet is warming up and there won't be much left alive when you graduate.
Oi oi oi!! 😂

Yeah, I'm finishing up my undergrad this year and going on to start a honours research project in the new year.
I'm interested in looking at how climate change is affecting marine life and then working with conservation organisations to help them determine where to pool their resources.
Something like that😄

Hi and welcome to the forum.

4 tanks already, wow, fast learner.

Being a marine student this must be a neat little hobby for you, still lots to learn about this fishkeeping lark as you never stop learning new things.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum and another Aussie from down under is always welcome :lol:
Hi Ch4rlie,
Thank you😊
Have been in and out of lockdown for most of the year, so I have spent a lot of time at home. The tanks have provided me something to focus on that hasn't been affected by covid😂
It is a bit of an extension of my passion for marine life and the marine ecosystem😄 Even though my tanks are freshwater, a lot of the same principles apply.

It is a bit of an extension of my passion for marine life and the marine ecosystem😄 Even though my tanks are freshwater, a lot of the same principles apply.
Indeed, this is good and freshwater I think is the easier to stay with and perhaps later on down the line you may want to set up a saltwater tank.

Mind you SW tank set up are more expensive due to specific lighting, wavemakers etc but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Look forwards to hearing more of your tanks set up and what you keep. Enjoy!

Oi oi oi!! 😂
that's what I was waiting for :)
The only way to test for a true Australian :)

I'm interested in looking at how climate change is affecting marine life and then working with conservation organisations to help them determine where to pool their resources.
Something like that😄
Climate change is warming the oceans and dropping the pH of the water due to the higher (escalating) carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere. Corals and tropical fishes living on the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) are moving south and some have been found around the north side of Tasmania.
Eventually when the pH drops too far, the phytoplankton will die and then we all die from CO2 poisoning :(

We need to get the government to replant the planet in the next few years otherwise it's all over and the only thing that will be left alive will be creatures living around volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean. These will survive because they don't need oxygen.

Sorry, I'm a doomsdayer :(

that's what I was waiting for :)
The only way to test for a true Australian :)

Climate change is warming the oceans and dropping the pH of the water due to the higher (escalating) carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere. Corals and tropical fishes living on the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) are moving south and some have been found around the north side of Tasmania.
Eventually when the pH drops too far, the phytoplankton will die and then we all die from CO2 poisoning :(

We need to get the government to replant the planet in the next few years otherwise it's all over and the only thing that will be left alive will be creatures living around volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean. These will survive because they don't need oxygen.

Sorry, I'm a doomsdayer :(
It would help immensely if the government pulled their finger out and made legislative changes to put a cap on emissions, funding for research and programs to restore forests and marine systems like reefs. Would need to happen world wide though.

I can understand the anxiety people feel about facing an uncertain future without many of the beauties the natural world has. Just thinking about it can leave you with a sense of helplessness😞
There's not one simple solution unfortunately, but every little thing we do helps🙂

Hi!
I'm a new fish keeper from Australia🙃
I set up my first tank for my birthday in February, now I have four tanks lol😂
LOVE corydoras and betta fish, I also have some guppies and a honey gourami called Pikachu. Each of my tanks are planted aquariums except one which houses my mum's betta, it's technically mine since I maintain it for her😊
Would love to keep discus in a big planted aquarium one day.
I also have a lot of snails and cherry shrimp in my aquariums along with a freshwater mussel named Russel.
Outside of fish keeping, I'm a university student studying animal and marine science, and am working towards a career in marine research and conservation of the marine environment. I also enjoy gardening and growing vegetables.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone😄
Welcome! I’d love to see pics of your tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back