Inactive Female Platys

SarahMarie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got 2 female platys to go with my 2 males that I already have. I got them 2 days ago, I'm going to get 2 more females for the 2 makes but I didn't want to put 4 new females in case it overloaded the filter too quickly.
Anyway, the males are very active but the 2 new females just hide under the ornaments most of the time. They do come out sometimes but more often than not they are hiding. I've checked the water levels and the ammonia and nitrite are both 0. I did a 30% water change anyway but they are still hiding.
Do you think it's because they are still getting used to the new tank, or should I be worried? They don't have any signs of illness
Any help would be great. Thanks

You're probably right - give them a few days to get used to their new surroundings.

Thanks! I just wondered since the two males seemed quite settled after a few hours. I just worry about them, especially the smaller female, she looks so helpless lol! Thanks for the reply

It may well be that they had only just arrived at the LFS when you bought them, so they might not have even settled there before being moved again.

I'm sure they'd been in the store about 9 days (I go in quite often) but nevermind. I'll see how they're doing in a couple more days. Thanks a lot!

They've came out to say hello! The middle ones are male and the far left and far right are the females. Sorry about the bad quality, it was taken on my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 208

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back