ID needed on honey guorami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

my fish arenot dyed.
thanks tho gill
they are also not dwarfs.
since i posted this sylvia has cleard things up for me. and i have found that the dwarf honey goramis still show a bit of the original dwarf pattern on there sides(i added this for you sylvia to help people determine if they have a dwarf or a honey).

however the coloration in the one who was becoming lighter is related to dropsy and i have started treatment.

but gill i assure you, honeys arnot dyed guoramis and are often times not dwarfs.

the dwarf version isnt dyed ither, the dwarf version was made from breeding all other color out of dwarfs......

sylvia
can you re post teh link i saw on a differnt thred of the dwarf with the red coloration who was referd to as a dwaarf honey.
i cana get a profile pic of my honeys to compair to . in those pics you can see that the mouth and head of teh dwarfs are smushed back... kida like a pugnose puppy or somthing like that.. the honeys heads are longeer and more pointrd in front.

also the honeys have larger thicker fins than the dwarfs ive seen...

There is a lot of confusion in this thread :S

What you have are a color morph of Colisa Chuna. They are Red honey gourami. They are honey gourami, but just a color morph. Not dyed, or fed dye.

They are in no way related to colisa lalia (dwarf gourami) or flame dwarf gourami, which is a color morph of colisa lalia.

I don't know who agrees with me, but that's what I think :thumbs:

HONEY GOURAMI:
cinnimongourami-jonsbear.jpg

RED HONEY GOURAMI:
ami7.jpg

Sylvia: When you say "Dwarf Honey" What color morph of Lalia are you refering too?

now i thought that the coloration above was the color the males turn during breeding?? i do think that the pics you have there do look alot like my fish.

wold beter pics help or are you 100% shure that they will never get the dark colors along teh belly? sorry to question you but alot of people have said alot of differing things in this thred and frankly im....... confused???? :blink:

never mind a quick google of red honey gourami and found a site with pics of both.
and i also found another site with pics of the dwarf version.

thanks alot auratus cor the clarification.

i guess its also called the fire or flame honey aswell..

Auratus that is what I've been saying :p

I don't know what confusion you saw other than the honey gourami sometimes being called a dwarf honey gourami and the color morph of colisa lalia sometimes being called a honey. :D

The fish that djdotnet has are honeys. As in colisa chuna.

Oh and the fish are not dyed!

BTW, I don't know what color morph the 'dwarf honey' is supposed to be but I think it is supposed to be the same as the flame/red dwarf (as in colisa lalia) or people sometimes use it when reffering to honeys which causes confusion.

Ok, please don't reffer to this when identifying fish cause you'll get quite confused:

These are links to the 'honey dwarfs' of various descriptions for Auratus to see what I was talking about :

and for Gill to see the dyed honeys: http://www.ekkwill.com/redhondwargo.html

And to add to the confusion a little more - these are thick-lipped gouramies (colisa labiosa) and they are called honey dwarfs as well! http://www.ekkwill.com/noname4.html

Anyway, that's where a lot of the confusion stems from - we should just use the scientific names :p

sylvia said:
Ok, please don't reffer to this when identifying fish cause you'll get quite confused:

These are links to the 'honey dwarfs' of various descriptions for Auratus to see what I was talking about :

and for Gill to see the dyed honeys: http://www.ekkwill.com/redhondwargo.html

And to add to the confusion a little more - these are thick-lipped gouramies (colisa labiosa) and they are called honey dwarfs as well! http://www.ekkwill.com/noname4.html

Anyway, that's where a lot of the confusion stems from - we should just use the scientific names :p
That Clears it Up, I had the Thick Lipped Gourami. Sylvia Mentioned.

Orange, flame, red, orange with a hint of red, orange flame, orange lined with orange :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh, all of the thick lipped gourami I've seen look like this (with stripes)

images

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :S :S

They need to pick a name and stick with it!!!

Yes they do usualy look like that but there's a honey-colored variant... and yeah we should just use the scientific names ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back