I think my Betta has fin rot. Can you please help me identify?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Try ebay for plants, it may take a little longer to ship but should still arrive. Just be sure the seller has good reviews:)
I don't think ebay is still functioning in our country we have one month strict lockdown with all transportation and delievery services to a stop. So I have no options

I don't think ebay is still functioning in our country we have one month strict lockdown with all transportation and delievery services to a stop. So I have no options
Maybe try to rearrange the plants every few days to keep him interested until you can buy plants

The best treatment for fin rot is clean water and salt. You do not normally need chemical medications.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a couple of weeks.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres of tank water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks.
When you do water changes, add salt to the new water before it is added to the tank. This will keep the salt levels stable in the aquarium.

IMG20200412081359.jpg

Update:
I observed and found there are no signs of self fin nipping. I did a 25% water Change these past two days and the fin is destroying at greater speed.

I have added new water with some aquarium salt. I hope this will make some improvement.

Do a 75% water change every day and add the salt with the new water.

Another thing. Some bettas are bred with cruelly long fins. They cannot get blood to the bottom of the fins and they rot away. Just throwing this out there
Thankyou...! I actually observed after few days the fin endings were blackened and the fins were wearing off. I read somewhere that Indian Almond leaf extract is very beneficial for such cases of fin rot. I treated the betta with almond leaf extract and the fins have been growing sins. Now there is just a little infected area.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back