I Love Where I Live..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-cAtFiSh-

Fish Herder
Reaction score
You get lorikeets outside your front door :p
These two have been hanging around for the past few days wanting food.

Trying to get my attention:
1-1.jpg

So I gave them some apple:
2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

:D

WOW..... those are absolutely B E A U T I F U L.... I wanna live there... LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Nice pictures :D :good: On Boxing day of 2006 My backyard had 20 cockatoo's on the ground with about 5 crow's and other birds hanging around. Birds are great we have a crow which is given bread which it picks up takes to our bird bath dips it in lets it sit for 20 seconds then eats and does it everytime... we also get possums hanging around alot

Nice pictures :D :good: On Boxing day of 2006 My backyard had 20 cockatoo's on the ground with about 5 crow's and other birds hanging around. Birds are great we have a crow which is given bread which it picks up takes to our bird bath dips it in lets it sit for 20 seconds then eats and does it everytime... we also get possums hanging around alot

Oh awesome yeah we get cockatoos occassionally. We also get corellas, galahs, rosellas, LOADS of wattle birds, magpies etc etc. Even had bower birds a few times. Mum saw an owl once too. I love it :p

It's great to watch birds out in your backyard...I posted the Cockatoo pics and got responses similiar to yours and it amuses me how it is something special in other parts of the world and here it's run of the mill it just makes me so thankful at times... Go to Gippsland you get Kangaroo's and Wombats in your backyard :good:

Incredible. When we lived back in South Africa, we used to go to a bird park that had loads of enclosures you could walk through and there was one full of lorikeets. They were so friendly and you battled to get them off so you could leave. Where we lived we had loads of owls nesting in the massive pine trees, even got to see the chicks a few times in one nest. They were vicious little things.

Great pics.

:good:

Down the South Coast of New South Wales I was staying at a friend's Mum's place and she had kangaroos in her front yard. It was great!

These lorikeets didn't seem too worried about me being so close to them taking photos..but they're not quite tame enough to actually sit on my hand. Some of the lorikeets around here are though.

Great pictures. They're so colorful they almost look like painted ceramic birds.

Awesome ! :hyper: How lucky you are.

When we lived back in South Africa, we used to go to a bird park that had loads of enclosures you could walk through and there was one full of lorikeets.

Do you mean the Umgeni River Bird Park by any chance? :)

When we lived back in South Africa, we used to go to a bird park that had loads of enclosures you could walk through and there was one full of lorikeets.

Why yes Bloo.

We went there last when I was pregnant with our first, 9 years ago and I LOVED their show with Marilyn the black (Norther crest I think) horn bill. He was just too cute. And Oliver the Pelican baby who's parents had abandoned him.

Why yes Bloo.

We went there last when I was pregnant with our first, 9 years ago and I LOVED their show with Marilyn the black (Norther crest I think) horn bill. He was just too cute. And Oliver the Pelican baby who's parents had abandoned him.

Why, what a small world ;) just around the corner from our house - Well about a 20 minute walk towards the Hypermarket! :good:

I do enjoy the Bird Park but it's probably a good few years since I've been.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back