I brought home new fish.. hehe

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
I went to check out fishies today at a lfs, and came home with 5... lol. :rolleyes: I was planning on getting platies, and found 3 I just loved. One is a sunburst/sunset female, one's a reg wag tail female who I think is pregnant (*pulls hair out*), and one is a male umm... twinbar? platy - he's yellow and a bit of red. They're just beautiful, I'm excited.

Then... I was wandering around waiting for the employee to come help me, and I found some little albino corys. They're ADORABLE! :wub: I just had to get them, they're so great. I've always wanted a few - so I picked up two and they're currently busy cleaning the bottom of my bettas tank. He wasn't exactly excited to see them, he flared and made a big show at their "introduction", but he's settling down now. Silly fish!

Overall, I'm happy to finally have a good fish experience. This is all much preferred to leaky tanks and bogus filters!! yey! :)

YEY...new fish...I love platties (especially wag tails) but hmmm, yes pregnant...no surprise there...always pregnant those lot! ;)

Have fun! :D

hi Julie :D

some of those platties are the most gorgeous colours - really vibrant. If my tanks weren't full of guppies I would get platties - though we only rarely get a good selection of colour in our lfs.

I've still got Blossum (my original albino cory)and her friend - I'm so sold on them have them in all 4 tanks - have read that - all being well - they live a good long life. Mine will now come and eat worms out of my hands - they are so cool :rolleyes:

sue

Yes, ive seen those albino corys alot at the lfs i go, they are actually quite nice little critters. :thumbs:

Hey Julie,

They sound excellent - keep us posted on how you get on with the babies. I got a pregnant platy a few weeks back but she aborted her babies - apparently this is quite common when they get moved as it's quite stressful :sad: . So I really hope you are luckier than me! :thumbs:

Hi juliethegr8te :D

I'm glad to learn about your new fish. After all your trouble you deserve some good luck! :nod:

But, didn't you think albino corys were "creepy"? LOL They are fine little fish and you will just love them. :lol:

lol Inchworm, I was wondering if anyone would remember I said that. :p I admit, I did used to think that. I'd seen a few really large ones who just stared at me and hmm.. that WAS creepy! haha. However, mine are very small and constantly swimming around - so they're not quite as creepy. ;) Guess I've changed my mind!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back