I Am So Gealous!

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
I fount a tank for my dad yesterday in the local paper, 3 foot long, external filter, big cabinet, 'Clear Seal' make. comes with everything you could ever think of!

Also 2 angels, 1 silver doller shark, 1 endler, 1 male guppie, 1 danio.

For £60!!!!


And its in mint condition!

So i bought my dad this and where picking it up on sunday - Now here is the question. The fish we are getting with it, would they be ok in my tank while he gets his set up? Or would this cause them to much stress? Should I just leave them in there packaging until the tank is filled up?

I also told the women 'Could you leave the filter media in some tank water so it keeps the bacteria please' and she replied 'oh good, you know about fish then' then i just though in my head 'THANK GOD FOR TFF :P '


Btw, I have told my dad I am taking the shark to the LFS as it will get to big for his tank, im sure i read they get really big? Is this true?

Oh and about the angels, his tank is fairly high, I saw them yesterday they have plenty of room!
 
yes silver shark will get too big for that one

right best advice i can give is have the people you are collecting the tank off leave it all running untill you get their

then put some water in a bucket from the tank, unless you have fish bag's, add the fish and the filter to the bucket making sure you cover the filter with water, unless it's an external then the media is covered in water already, then dismantle the tank but when at home set it all up and then add the fish after aclimatizing them should be fine

how far have you got to go ? and you may have different water stats out of your tap
 
not far - about a 5 minute drive.

I will do that then :good:

i think my dad said that anyway, but just wanted to make sure.

pictures will be uploaded tommorow :)
 
What did your dad say when you bought it for him (nice thing to do by the way)???
 

Most reactions

Back
Top