I Am Going To Breed !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
I have wanted to breed Bettas for over 13 years never did. Now I am ready I have my big ear male and his girl will be here next Monday. I bought her from a breeder in Thailand. I will post photos of her soon. She is a big ear half moon Palkat too.

I am not going to breed them right away they are both young only 4 months old. I can't wait to see what my fry will be.

Pictures and updates would be loved by me.

Here is the male .  He is from Petco so not the best bred fish I know. 

Here is the female she is from a  breeder in thailand who has some great looking fish. I get her next monday I can't wait. As soon as I get her I will take some photos. This was taken by the breeder. 
fwbettashmp1372246528.jpg

This is her brother. He was from the same breeding. 
fwbettashmp1372246420.jpg

So I think With this female I might get some Good fry. I want butterfly purple blue bettas. I think I will get this with my pair. 

Wait This is the one That I bought. I think it a fish from the same batch that the other girl was from. They are from the same breeder. 

fwbettashm1372090202.jpg

Ooh exciting, wherever you post your progress, put the link on this page incase I miss it!

Good luck!

Beautiful pics!  The one thing I can say is what those pectorals.  The female's background (and herself) have really large ones.  Eventually they do become almost a hindrance on the fish's swimming ability.  Kind of like how HMs can have so much finnage -- rosetails -- that they have big issues being able to swim.  I know about this first hand as I have an extreme rosetail.    Other than that -- they look like a nice pair.  Just like what I said before, the BE geno is submissive so it may not show up until you breed one of the fry from the first batch back to one of the parents.

Talk about gorgeous! I hope he's not too rough with courting.

Yeah the female has some extram fins I know. The one I got is the last one she has better fins. She is a half moon my guy in a half moon plakat so it will be interesting to see what the fry fins will be like.

I agree the pectoral fins can get too big. I am not going to try and breed them any larger. My male is a really good swimmer he is in a tank with a little bit more water flow then some people have for bettas. He does just fine getting around I think the fact that his other fins are not so long helps. I like the look of shorter fins with big pectorals.

Time to set up another tank.

Beautiful male and female! Good luck with the breeding!

My female is a HM The male is a HMPK I really want to breed HMPK with the big ears I love the look of the shorter fins and the big ears. I should have gotten the female that was HMPK but oh well. later down the line I want to play around with Dragon Scales. They are so cool and look bad Arss. 

A dragon scale Plakat with big ears. Thats what I want. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back