I always promote adopting dogs from shelters but...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I always promote buying dogs from shelters but I think I just found a dog that literally stole my heart right when I saw pictures of this "designer breed"... It looks like a husky that never grew up... Its a puppy forever kinda deal!... I would only want to get one from a humane breeder but they are called Pomskys. Finally cross breeding that went right! 😅
30078886_2084634998478331_3330223822052786176_n-809x1011.jpg
Pomsky-main.jpg

those are baby pomskies
i've researched this a bit before. they either have more pom or husky but still grow up

those are baby pomskies
i've researched this a bit before. they either have more pom or husky but still grow up
Max size is about 35 pounds... I would want one that is a bit larger than a Pomeranian but has the fluff and colors of a husky... They are so cute!

cool looking dog. Are you getting it? If you do, POTM!
I dont know if we will get one, my parents really love them but were not sure if our dog luna who is a full size husky mix would view it as a little teddy bear for her 🤣... If anyone had that dog and could take a nice clear photo it would be a guaranteed top 3 spot on POTM lol

One of my neighbours has something similar... Spotted it while out with my own dog on a walk. I'd never seen one before, so asked her - since he looked just like a mini husky. She said it was a purebreed type of dog and I did look it up at the time and confirm it was a real breed, and not just a cross between two breeds, and it was.

Wish I could remember the name! Give me time, I'll figure it out :D

Was a beautiful little mini husky dog though! Acting a bit like a husky too, from what I've see of him, although we don't bump into each other often.

Nevermind, I've found it! It was an odd name, that's why I struggled to remember. Look up the Alaskian Klee Kai :D Might be another option, if you can't get your hands on one or the other!
klee kai.jpg

Where does the Alaskan Klee Kai originate from?

The Alaskan Klee Kai originated from Wasilla, Alaska, and was developed by Linda Spurlin. In her desire to create a smaller companion-sized Siberian Husky, Spurlin outcrossed Huskies with smaller breeds such as the Alaskan Eskimo Dogs and Schipperke to reduce the size of their offspring.

Although growing in popularity, the Alaskan Klee Kai is still considered a rare breed. Whilst the United Kennel Club recognised this breed in 1997, the Kennel Club (in the UK) has yet to recognise the Klee Kai as a breed.

Are you interested in owning this rare breed? Find the perfect Alaskan Klee Kai for you here.

One of my neighbours has something similar... Spotted it while out with my own dog on a walk. I'd never seen one before, so asked her - since he looked just like a mini husky. She said it was a purebreed type of dog and I did look it up at the time and confirm it was a real breed, and not just a cross between two breeds, and it was.

Was a beautiful little mini husky dog though! Acting a bit like a husky too, from what I've see of him, although we don't bump into each other often.

Nevermind, I've found it! It was an odd name, that's why I struggled to remember. Look up the Alaskian Klee Kai :D Might be another option, if you can't get your hands on one or the other!
View attachment 155234

The Alaskan Klee Kai originated from Wasilla, Alaska, and was developed by Linda Spurlin. In her desire to create a smaller companion-sized Siberian Husky, Spurlin outcrossed Huskies with smaller breeds such as the Alaskan Eskimo Dogs and Schipperke to reduce the size of their offspring.

Although growing in popularity, the Alaskan Klee Kai is still considered a rare breed. Whilst the United Kennel Club recognised this breed in 1997, the Kennel Club (in the UK) has yet to recognise the Klee Kai as a breed.

Are you interested in owning this rare breed? Find the perfect Alaskan Klee Kai for you here.
Wow! Beautiful dog!

My friend has one of those! Really is a cute dog, very smart too.

View attachment 155234

I just showed my mom that dog and she LOVES them... I remember when she used to say that she wished for a husky that wasnt a big size... Her wish has come true 😅

View attachment 155234

Klee Kais are absolutely hilarious. They are SO SMALL. My local pet store sources puppies from reputable breeders across the US, they only get registerable pups, and they just had a klee kai. Sassy little thing!

Klee Kais are absolutely hilarious. They are SO SMALL. My local pet store sources puppies from reputable breeders across the US, they only get registerable pups, and they just had a klee kai. Sassy little thing!
I thought the same thing when I saw one! Couldn't believe it, looked exactly like a husky, but the size of a Jack Russell!

Definitely seemed sassy, for sure! But very cute. :)

95AD551D-D55B-487A-9C69-E75CF02E9FD7.jpeg

I have an Alaskan Klee Kai! She’s turning 7 years old and she’s 21 pounds! And she’s considered big for her breed. She’s a very good girl. She can be off leash around home and in comfortable areas and she doesn’t bark except when someone is at the door and then she will bark until you open the door, she’ll stare at the person and bark till they leave. A+ guard dog material, no one will be breaking in on you as long as you have a Klee Kai. She has a unique howl that sounds like she’s talking and she uses it to communicate with us all on the daily. She’s not great with other dogs, and Klee Kai’s are more prone to dog aggression but can be kept in check with regular socializing. Very smart and quick to learn tricks. She is very emotionally intelligent and knows how to express something’s wrong in ways we understand and she can understand our body language very well. She doesn’t like young children, which needs no explanation. And she sheds. A lot. With two even heavier coat blowouts twice a year because they have double coats. They handle dog backpacks well and are easy to transport! Snuggles but only when she wants to or she feels jealous

If you have any questions lmk and I’ll do my best~

Last edited:
View attachment 155238
I have an Alaskan Klee Kai! She’s turning 7 years old and she’s 21 pounds! And she’s considered big for her breed. She’s a very good girl. She can be off leash around home and in comfortable areas and she doesn’t bark except when someone is at the door and then she will bark until you open the door, she’ll stare at the person and bark till they leave. A+ guard dog material, no one will be breaking in on you as long as you have a Klee Kai. She has a unique howl that sounds like she’s talking and she uses it to communicate with us all on the daily. She’s not great with other dogs, and Klee Kai’s are more prone to dog aggression but can be kept in check with regular socializing. Very smart and quick to learn tricks. She is very emotionally intelligent and knows how to express something’s wrong in ways we understand and she can understand our body language very well. She doesn’t like young children, which needs no explanation. And she sheds. A lot. With two even heavier coat blowouts twice a year because they have double coats. They handle dog backpacks well and are easy to transport! Snuggles but only when she wants to or she feels jealous

If you have any questions lmk and I’ll do my best~
She is gorgeous!! I'm in love. Those eyes!!

The one I've met is much darker, I love this colour coat she has! Especially with the striking eyes.
A Klee Kai wouldn't work for me, my current dog would be heartbroken to have another dog into the house and get any of my attention, so we're a one dog household for as long as she's with us. But I definitely see the appeal! She's absolutely beautiful. :wub:

She is gorgeous!! I'm in love. Those eyes!!

The one I've met is much darker, I love this colour coat she has! Especially with the striking eyes.
A Klee Kai wouldn't work for me, my current dog would be heartbroken to have another dog into the house and get any of my attention, so we're a one dog household for as long as she's with us. But I definitely see the appeal! She's absolutely beautiful. :wub:
Understandable 😂

I was given an abrupt call from a rescue I’d been in contact with, and they gave me an hour to decide if I wanted the dog that was being flown into the states right at that very moment. They needed a home for her and they wanted to know if i could do it.

Well. That was 4 months ago and Ellie (the Klee kai) still kinda hates me for my decision 😂😂. Ellie is still going through the jealous older sister phase who doesn’t like the new baby sister, Yuki, getting any attention from me. But Ellie loves having a play mate and she’s lost 3 pounds from where she was 4 months ago from the sheer level of activity. It’s a very amusing but sometimes chaotic love hate relationship which definitely has its bumps. It’s slowly getting better, but probably won’t be perfect until Yuki’s childhood energy tones down to more manageable levels and when she isn’t making Ellie annoyed with her boundless puppy energy (also Yuki has razor sharp baby teeth and hasn’t learned to control her bite 100% and loves biting hands and feet and paws and it hurts like a mother which definitely doesn’t help). Ellie likes her downtime and kids are a full time job 😂

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back