Where to buy a 40 gallon breeder aquarium stand?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Akeath

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get an aquarium stand, in person or online? Where did you get yours? I'm looking for a 40 gallon breeder stand (roughly 36 inches long by 18 wide or just a bit larger) that is enclosed. With cabinets, a back panel with just a small hole for cords to go through rather than an open back, and a bottom. You'd think that would be easy to find but apparently not. I went to 5 pet stores yesterday and no one had any. I think the size is a little unusual and that might be part of the problem. There were tons of stands for 10-37 gallon tanks and 55-75 gallon tanks, but the only 40-50 gallon tank stands I saw had open backs. Space is an issue, so I don't want to get a stand that's larger than it needs to be to fit the tank. If it was a smaller tank I might just get regular furniture, but this needs to support at least 400 pounds and I'm not seeing anything that has that high of a weight limit that isn't built as an aquarium stand. I also really want the stand to be level, since if the aquarium isn't level it's more likely to develop pressure points and break.

My current 40 gallon breeder stand was special ordered from a pet store and when I got it it didn't have a floor, wasn't done being painted, and wasn't quite level. Which I didn't realize till I got it home. And apparently the design was open back, which I also didn't realize when I ordered that model. So I'm a bit hesitant to special order from that pet store now, and literally no one else around can even order 40 gallon stands. Ever since I got that defective stand one of my cats (aka my little ball of destruction) has made it her life's mission to get inside the aquarium stand. She's put every ounce of her considerable intelligence, athleticism, determination, and bizarrely excellent spatial reasoning into the task. Which would be bad for any cat, but she is basically the Einstein of cats, and I'm convinced if she were born human she would be an award winning physicist by now. I have tried over and over to modify the current stand so she can't get into it despite not being very handy, and my modifications may work for a few weeks but in the end she finds a way. My adorable little wonder cat even managed to pry the giant piece of plywood I attached to the back off just enough to squeeze inside the stand. I keep trying to modify the stand I have and then she figures out a way to get in anyway. I am just so ready to get a proper, professionally built aquarium stand and not have to mess with it anymore. I'm thinking of moving soon and thought now would be the perfect time to get a new stand, since I'd have to move the tank anyway. But I haven't been able to find an enclosed, well built aquarium stand of the right size and I'm getting frustrated.

Most reactions

Back