How’s the weather?

You Northerners don't laugh, this is serious stuff down here!

I’m not laughing . If , wherever you live , the weather is abnormally cold and it’s causing hardship for people then it’s serious . We have relatives in Hico Texas and they don’t like the weather they’re having . They even got snow yesterday which is extremely rare .

I’m not laughing . If , wherever you live , the weather is abnormally cold and it’s causing hardship for people then it’s serious . We have relatives in Hico Texas and they don’t like the weather they’re having . They even got snow yesterday which is extremely rare .
Thanks, friend...I actually got a light flurry of tiny flakes yesterday, for about 30 minutes...needless to say, not enough for a snowman, lol....do have icicles having from the roof still this afternoon, which are rare here themselves

One more night of subfreezing temps tonight, but with no cloud cover like last night, we'll be in the teens tonight/tomorrow for several hours, instead of the 20's...I'll drip (stream) the faucets, do midnight/early morning laundry, and flush the "porcelain convenience" as much as I can...my house is pier-and-beam, so the pipes are wrapped, but still exposed to the elements. It's worked in the past, should work again tonight...

I've lived here my entire life, and when we were kids (and had no worries or responsibilities), we LOVED the rare times it would freeze (and hopefully snow) here...it was a treat! Schools would close here, just to let the kids enjoy it

Now that I'm old, crotchety, cold-natured, and abhor inconveniences to everyday life, I've become Mr. Winter Scrooge, lol....

Thanks, friend...I actually got a light flurry of tiny flakes yesterday, for about 30 minutes...needless to say, not enough for a snowman, lol....do have icicles having from the roof still this afternoon, which are rare here themselves

One more night of subfreezing temps tonight, but with no cloud cover like last night, we'll be in the teens tonight/tomorrow for several hours, instead of the 20's...I'll drip (stream) the faucets, do midnight/early morning laundry, and flush the "porcelain convenience" as much as I can...my house is pier-and-beam, so the pipes are wrapped, but still exposed to the elements. It's worked in the past, should work again tonight...

I've lived here my entire life, and when we were kids (and had no worries or responsibilities), we LOVED the rare times it would freeze (and hopefully snow) here...it was a treat! Schools would close here, just to let the kids enjoy it

Now that I'm old, crotchety, cold-natured, and abhor inconveniences to everyday life, I've become Mr. Winter Scrooge, lol....
Oh to be young and naive again and enjoy the cold . I never gave a thought to what my folks were doing to keep things up . What goes around comes around and now it’s our turn . Speaking , of course , as an old , crotchety , cold - natured and inconveniences abhorring Mr. Winter Scrooge . Icicles in Houston ? ! ? ! Good grief !
Your plumbing precautions sound perfect . Good luck Man .

Oh to be young and naive again and enjoy the cold . I never gave a thought to what my folks were doing to keep things up . What goes around comes around and now it’s our turn . Speaking , of course , as an old , crotchety , cold - natured and inconveniences abhorring Mr. Winter Scrooge . Icicles in Houston ? ! ? ! Good grief !
Your plumbing precautions sound perfect . Good luck Man .
Yes, indeed....actually much closer to Beaumont than Houston, but yes, we have daggers of ice

And thank you...

Had freezing rain last night. Rain froze the second jt hit the ground. Parents lost power and are iced in, the hill leaving their home is frozen.
573DAF76-129D-4923-9B6E-B953E2ACBC8F.jpeg
F1BC207F-7389-4A96-B156-D0908F0E6DD8.jpeg
4D0FB000-BBBA-40D6-A66D-809F52CBA571.jpeg
0748826E-10D1-4AAF-9340-5CBB6ABB9D8B.jpeg

Had freezing rain last night. Rain froze the second jt hit the ground. Parents lost power and are iced in, the hill leaving their home is frozen. View attachment 334998View attachment 334999View attachment 335000View attachment 335001
We got 4 inches heavy wet snow. My car looked similar to your pics above. Car doors frozen shut....iced up windshield and back window. Took me 15 minutes to thaw out the car and deice the windows so I could go to a Doctor appt this morning. I was 10 minutes late to appt but they took me in luckily.

Last edited:
If you lot used Celsius instead of Fahrenheit, it would be warmer for you. 28F or 28C, take your pick :p

We had a nice day yesterday, got to about 28C and was actually quite nice even driving around in a grey car where the windows don't wind down.
Then tonight (overnight) it dropped down to 20C. This weather makes up for the 42C we had the other day.

Anyone with glass doors or windows, double or triple glazing makes a HUGE difference to heat and cold transferring through the glass.

This is making no sense for Sheridan Wyoming at 3700 feet altitude. Saturday, 40F and Sunday 49F followed by the following.
weather.jpg

I mean this is going into the end of January. Now it is fairly common to get high temps for a couple of days in January and February due to Chinook winds coming off the mountains but nothing like what is going on this year. It has also been fairly dry which is bad as we need heavy snow in the mountains to help prevent fires in the pine stands and for snow melt to keep the wetlands wet.

We have your cold, it was 18 this morning, maybe not your level of cold but lock the chickens in cold. high today of 37, our normal high is in the 50s

20F for the fourth day. 8 inches snow. Wind chill makes it feel like 10F. No weather for old man.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back