How’s the weather?

You can have my snow. I have a long, hilly driveway and I am too old to shovel and too poor for a large snow blower. I had to pay $350 to get the driveway plowed. Ouch!
cant you put the snowblower cost on a charge card? $350 to plow driveway? OUCH

Mr Sanchez only does a cash business 😖
Me too. I'm 100% debt free and intend to remain so. I keep a 'slush fund' of at least $1000.00, usually over $2000.00, USD for larger purchases. If I want something the slush fund won't cover, which I can't remember happening, I save until I have the money. If I don't save I figure that I didn't really want the item all that bad anyway. Shoot, I don't even have a credit card. Some say that is foolish as I'm stuck in an emergency but that is not the case as I have my debit card setup to where it will be approved even if there is not enough funds to cover. The uncovered balance automatically goes to a personal loan so I'm covered in an emergency but not tempted to do frivolous purchases as is often the case with a credit card.

Anyway, back to weather... ;) It has just been weird. Including the projected high temperatures through the end of January we will only have 10 days that the high is below 32F for the entire month. I've been in Sheridan for a bit over 12 years and have not seen anything like this. Of course, up in the mountains, it has been much colder but the main concern is that it has also been dry. Without a lot of snow in the mountains several problems are caused including MUCH higher fire risks and lower levels in the waterways in the summer. In fact the snowfall in the mountains is so low that there was an article in the local newspaper warning people not to ski as rocks would cause equipment damage and possibly cause serious injuries. If it were to be wet I'd love the temperatures here in the foothills as the rain here would be snow in the mountains but that is not the case. The only time I saw anything even close to this was the first year I was here and it was not this extreme. The following summer of that first year the sky glowed red due to pine fires for over a month. Most people here are SO happy about a, so far, extremely mild winter but they just don't seem to be able to see the potential repercussions.

So the weather system which caused all the snow in north east USA is now almost here in the UK. But it's causing high winds and heavy rain rather than snow. Unusually, the entire UK currently has weather warnings, it's usually just parts of the country with these warnings. Almost all the UK has an amber warning for wind tonight, and everywhere has a yellow rain warning with flooding predicted in many areas..
I think I'd rather have snow.

I might rather have snow but i have to patch the pipe coming off my sump pump because due to land modifications by owners behind me I flood even worse now if the sump doesn't get water all the way to the driveway

Getting a bit more concerned about the weather here as February does not look any better as to snow in the mountains. I have no clue as to how they come up with such projections or how accurate they are but, if even close to accurate, I expect pine stands to be burning this summer. Here is the day by day projection for February:

february.jpg

Still in high 20s but will be in low 60s by Thursday. Yippee!

Bracing for Storm Jocelyn, just 2 days after Storm Isha. Parts of the UK are still without power as the weather is too dangerous for repairs.

It sucks. Went from mid 20s/low 30s to nearly 40 for the rest of the week. No snow. If it's going to be winter, I need snow!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back