How’s the weather?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The UK is at risk of drought having had only 25% of the average rainfall this month, on the back of a couple of dry years. We're been asked not to water lawns, not to wash cars, take showers not baths etc. If we can do this then we should avoid a drought and the serious implications for farming and crops.
On the sunnier side, the weather is pleasant and is warming up nicely for the weekend :cool:
If you "shower" for more than around 7 minutes, you're probably using more water than a bath would.

So does my daughter...that's when Dad shuts off the hot water to the bathroom...
My parents usually yell through the door and say: "ALRIGHT MR. HOLLYWOOD YOU'VE BEEN IN THERE LONG ENOUGH" 🤣🤣🤣

All you need to do to save water is turn the shower on and wet yourself then turn the shower off. Soap yourself then turn the shower on to rinse yourself then turn it off. Don't leave the shower running, just two quick bursts. That uses a lot less than a bath.

All you need to do to save water is turn the shower on and wet yourself then turn the shower off. Soap yourself then turn the shower on to rinse yourself then turn it off. Don't leave the shower running, just two quick bursts. That uses a lot less than a bath.
Sounds like what my SIL does when he's in the field (Army)....

What's the story with the heat down there ? You ever see a guy with horns in a red suit ? He carries a pitchfork too.
Life in SE Texas...summers can be brutal, especially with the humidity...but when you live here your whole life, you get used to it* ;)

*or, you move

I just lick myself clean.

If you "shower" for more than around 7 minutes, you're probably using more water than a bath would.
Get a water saving shower head. They use less than 10 litres a minute on maximum. Most baths hold 200+ litres (100 if half filled).

Hopefully the last ridiculously warm day today for the year...ha-ha....we can hope but you never quite know what the big orangey ball has planned...

However, one website that I love to use (and watch in real time) is the weather satellite/radar

Put your home town in the box and watch for the rain or whater you are desperate for ;)

Here, we expected a warm day (for painting the outside doors...) and I've woken up to thick heavy sea fog and 11 degrees. Umm, summer, you're hiding.

It'll burn off and warm up as the day goes on - I guess I'll have to do fish stuff instead.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back