How To Get Rid Of A Mouse Thats In The Wall Somehow?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

TBH, I don't think it's a good idea to be firing fake guns at the squirrels. How powerful are they? If they are relatively powerful, they could injure them, and I hate to see an injured animal when I'm shooting,

Woah wait a second...

I might be going off topic though when you saying "shooting" do you mean hunting? I mean it's completely stupid for you to say you hate to see an injured animal if you are hunting since you're killing them for fun. (If you don't ignore this).

TBH, I don't think it's a good idea to be firing fake guns at the squirrels. How powerful are they? If they are relatively powerful, they could injure them, and I hate to see an injured animal when I'm shooting,

Woah wait a second...

I might be going off topic though when you saying "shooting" do you mean hunting? I mean it's completely stupid for you to say you hate to see an injured animal if you are hunting since you're killing them for fun. (If you don't ignore this).

That is almost like saying "you're not a vegan so you don't care if an animal is in pain", which you will find is not true in most cases.

There is a bit of a difference between prolonged pain (which may, for example, lead an animal to die of starvation) and a quick death.

Woah wait a second...

I disagree that it is 'completely stupid' for me to hate to see an injured animal just because I shoot. I shoot to control pest species which are causing damage to crops/native species/or are spreading disease. I kill animals humanely with minimal amount of suffering (if any). As soon as it is hit, it is dead. I don't hunt for fun, (there is target shooting for that), but I hunt for people who have problems with pest species, for example a neighbour of mine who has trouble with rabbits digging in his field that he keeps valuable race horses in. I'd much rather shoot animals humanely then see idiots running around with under powered guns trying to kill them themselves (GAB99 this isn't aimed at you, as your air soft guns wouldn't do any harm, I speak of people with underpowered, cheap Chinese air guns, who think it's fun to watch rabbits limping away with a pellet in their leg).

I'm sure many people who are against shooting wouldn't hesitate to put rat poison out, which causes massive internal bleeding and great suffering as it kills the animal. The amount of times I've had to put a poisoned rat out of its misery as it stumbles into my garden is unbelievable, and this year we've had 17 rabbits dying of myxomatosis in my garden alone. So I believe that shooting is a very humane way to control pest species without the ridiculous amount of suffering involved with other methods of pest control.

Woah wait a second...

That is almost like saying "you're not a vegan so you don't care if an animal is in pain", which you will find is not true in most cases.

There is a bit of a difference between prolonged pain (which may, for example, lead an animal to die of starvation) and a quick death.

Thanks for your comment. :good: that is exactly my point, controlling numbers is necessary, but I believe that we have the responsibility to go about it in the most humane way as possible for the sake of the animals.

cheers :good:

i also am an avid hunter and do not under any circumstance want the animal to be needlessly wounded. Thats why hunters (good, responsible ones anyway) practice and make sure of their ability and accuracy. Hunting is a very important way to control populations of animals. A starving deer in the winter is a very sad sight to see. With most predatory species' number down and outright gone in some locations, it really is up to responsible hunting to help keep balance in the population so that there isnt horrid disease outbreaks and starvation.
i know this will not help with your mouse problem Simon (id say borrow a cat-we lent ours out once to a friend with mice and they were out of their house in a week), but I am en ecologist and environmentalist AND a hunter.
you'd be very pressed to find an honest hunter who is not a nature/animal lover. Please dont make generalizations about hunters/ hunting. if there were no hunters, there would be a lot of suffering animals.
all the best
merry christmas.

You can get those electronic ultrasonic transmitters.

You'll have to check they're alright with your animals. They were fine with my dog and the mouse legged it pretty sharpish and none have come back.

It was in the shed and I simply plugged in the ultrasound transmitter and now alternate where it is plugged in just as a deterrent.

Regards

PJPJ

I understand "hunting" or Culling pest animals to protect live stock though going out hunting for enjoyment to shoot deer... I don't find that responsible. The "enjoyment" part at killing something for "fun" is what I don't like.

Though if you read my post I did say ignore the comment if you don't do it for fun, i.e you do it for an actual reason, preventing pests etc.

Sorry for offence caused but I thought I had covered that at the end of my previous post.

P.S Sarah Palin... is an example I don't appreciate, she goes hunting because she enjoys it and however completely sucks at it evidently and is holding the animals life in her irresponsible and useless hands. If she shot carribou for a reason like described before rather than because she enjoys it and wants to have a photo taken holding its head like a trophy then I would think differently on her type. The type that pay for hunting trips in Africa etc... not farmers protecting live stock.

There's a big difference from hunting to eat or protect and hunting solely for enjoyment.

Though I have my views on killing starving wild animals also, in my eyes its making wildlife much more artificial and controlled. I mean how many years did our flora and fauna flourish before we as human started intervening. By removing an animal which would naturally die what harm is happening to the ecosystem, the natural nitrogen cycle etc etc. (Don't answer, stick to our views)

Anyway... Get a mouse trap, poison = dead mouse in your wall and a trap means more often than not a dead mouse instantly.

I understand "hunting" or Culling pest animals to protect live stock though going out hunting for enjoyment to shoot deer... I don't find that responsible. The "enjoyment" part at killing something for "fun" is what I don't like.

Though if you read my post I did say ignore the comment if you don't do it for fun, i.e you do it for an actual reason, preventing pests etc.

Sorry for offence caused but I thought I had covered that at the end of my previous post.

P.S Sarah Palin... is an example I don't appreciate, she goes hunting because she enjoys it and however completely sucks at it evidently and is holding the animals life in her irresponsible and useless hands. If she shot carribou for a reason like described before rather than because she enjoys it and wants to have a photo taken holding its head like a trophy then I would think differently on her type. The type that pay for hunting trips in Africa etc... not farmers protecting live stock.

There's a big difference from hunting to eat or protect and hunting solely for enjoyment.

Though I have my views on killing starving wild animals also, in my eyes its making wildlife much more artificial and controlled. I mean how many years did our flora and fauna flourish before we as human started intervening. By removing an animal which would naturally die what harm is happening to the ecosystem, the natural nitrogen cycle etc etc. (Don't answer, stick to our views)

Anyway... Get a mouse trap, poison = dead mouse in your wall and a trap means more often than not a dead mouse instantly.

sorry mate, at the end of your last post it, to me, sounded more like you were trying to provoke a reaction. I misread it and realise what you meant now. :good:

TBH, I think that a mouse trap is the best option in this case. They don't kill instantly, but neither does poison (neither does a well fed cat necessarily). If the mouse will come out of the wall that is.

cheers :good:

sorry mate, at the end of your last post it, to me, sounded more like you were trying to provoke a reaction. I misread it and realise what you meant now. :good:

No worries, I can see how it can be easily mistaken that way.

Simon hasn't even given us an update on whether he's got the mouse yet!

If you are going for a trap Simon, chocolate works very well.
Had a few in my garage a few years ago. Set about 3 traps up with galaxy choco. 3 days later I had 3 dead mice.

James.

Most reactions

Back