How To Clean A 5 Gallon Fish Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fluttermoth said:
You need a 'gravel cleaner'; like this; 

You put the wide end in the tank. Then you start a syphon; either by sucking on the end of the tube, or by immersing the whole thing in the tank until it's full of water and put the end of the narrow pipe in a bucket you have on the floor.

There are loads of 'how to' videos on YouTube :)
I have one of these but I can never get it to stay in the bucket for long. I end up with water on my carpet :(

Either buy a longer piece of tubing (it's very cheap and you can buy it by the metre in many places, including ebay) or use a clothes peg to clip the tube to the handle of the bucket :)

You're welcome
smile.png

Helps to put a towel down under your bucket as well! I've been keeping fish for about 30 years, and I'm still incapable of doing a water change without spilling some water somewhere 
rolleyes.gif

I do, at least, remember to get the old towels out first now though
wink.png

That is such a good idea! I always have an old rag on standby but I've never thought of putting one underneath the bucket! It's common sense really haha :)

Liv15 said:
That is such a good idea! I always have an old rag on standby but I've never thought of putting one underneath the bucket! It's common sense really haha
smile.png
Sometimes it's the simplest things that you manage to never think of!

I would not clean a 5 gallon tank, I would run out and buy a 55 gallon. lol  A 5 gallon is not a fish tank, it's a bucket of water, get a real tank man. (just kidding)
tongue2.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back