FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FisherFin

Reaction score
I would like to Hardscape my aquarium - (Rocks, Stones, Gravel, and Limited Plants) However, have got some fish doing just fine in my tank that has a mix match of ornaments, such as a large fake wooden background log thing...:S:fun: and a few small fake plants.

The fish I have (260Litres)

.Marble angel
.Mollies
.Guppies
.Ruby shark
.Pair of Dwarf Gouramis

Sooo how would I go about it regarding everything, including information about inside tank backgrounds??

Regards Fin:fish:

Last edited:
I would always remove the fish from the tank if you're doing any really major work; replacing substrate, redoing rock work, anything other than normal water changes and maintenance.

If you can keep the heater and filter running in your bucket/container, then do so, but don't worry too much about it; as long as the fish are kept warm and in the dark, you have a few hours. Oh, and make sure your container is properly covered; upset fish might jump out!

Do get the largest container that's practical though, and don't feed the fish for a couple of days before and after, just to keep waste production to a minimum, while the upheavals are going on.

Do get the largest container that's practical though,

100 liter plastic tub $15 to 20 dollars, They also make great hospital tanks.

56c56dce8551b.jpg

I have a 30 liter on standby, Pop in a heater and cycled sponge filter connected to an air pump( I also have 2 of these on standby ) and some cheap plants no substrate needed, and you are all set.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back