How Old Are You, And How Long Have You Been Fish Keeping?

I am 17 and have been keeping fish for about 4 years :) . My family know nothing about fish and my mom is starting to accept my obsession. I have 4 tanks right now and I am dreading going to collage :-( .

cheers,
Mikaila31

13 1/2...First tank was when I was like 4, and I helped feeding then :lol: ...Only started doing the maintenance coming 8-9.
Hmm, well as other people have had in the past i'll try and remember lol.The first tank had 2 pearl gouramis and two golden, I remember trying to keep rams and some silver catfish but they always died :rolleyes: Then I got a 4ft coldwater, with a nice load of fancy goldfish, then a tropiquarium 68 molly/guppie tank planted ( a success until they bred so much I had about 300 fish, then the numbers slowly depleated), then i got into cichlids and set up my old 2 foot (as after 4 years the gouramis had finally died) with 3 severums, plecos, dwarf cichlids, and then a texas cichlid which killed basically everything so I got a tropiquarium 88 for my sevs kept the texas in the 2ft.After, when I was 10-12 I went of a spree and bought like 3 tanks, 2x 3fts and a 4ft, then after reseaching more I put my texas in a 3ft after a 4ft.Some tanks were used for larger plecos witch had outgrown other tanks,others were used for fry.I bought another 4ft and set it up with my 2 sevs and 2 parrot cichlids (I still have them now).Then I got discus to put in my 88, then a 100gal, after that i was getting rid of the too many tanks (all which I mentiond I was still running )...Now somehow I'm in a project for a 270 gal oddball/cichlid tank (with 27 gal trickle tower sump), a 55 gal marine (with 46gal sump), 2 8 gal planted tanks (guppies/platties, set up now), a 2ft dwarf puffer tank,40 litre planted tank and a 100gal discus tank.All except the 55 gal and 270gal are being used atm, but that is my final plan, which should take place very soon :good:

Im 15 and have been keeping fish for a year and a half (christmas / start of 2006) Got a job after my week of work experience at my lfs!!!
My first fish was a shoal of 10 neon tetra in a 54L and now have:

54L livebearers (swoping for a pair of fighting fish tomorrow)
180L 1 small oscar, 1 small bgk, sailfin pleco, syno
89L breeding pair of convicts
200L (tomorro)

all in my bedroom, my mate is sleeping over tomorro so we can sort out my wardrobe and woove it on sunday :)
My room will contain a bed, a bokcase and eventually 6 tanks :) lol

^ to cut a long story short im addicted to fish :)
Cheers, Joemuz

16, ive had my own tank for 4 years.
My parents used to have 2 6' tanks, full of wierd and wonderful fish (unusual stuff, not common guppies and tetras) but got rid of them.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???!!!???

K

33 my 3.5yr old son wanted some fish a couple of months back and hence I got a new hobby but I love it!

He's great at starting syphons and watching to see if buckets are full, it's me that drenchs the house :rolleyes:
Iain

50 years old.....omg :crazy:

Fish Keeping for nearly 5 years :good:

iv just turned 34 had my first tank when i was 12 wich i kept tadpoles in and sold for 10p each lol , then got gold fish in it a few months later .
got my first big tank when i was 24 wich was 8ftx2ftx2ft i had kio .,gold fish, golden tench,mirror carp
and ghost carp in it, i finaly went tropical in it 1 year later but had to leave my tank when i seperated from my ex last year so im back to haveing 2 small tanks now but im getting a 4ftx2ftx2ft tank built in a few weeks

started at the age of nine as sumit to do as family got divorced right through till i was 16 and joined army while in the army had 6 red bellied Piranha and bn plecs in a sepperate tank left the army after nearly 7 years and now have 4 fish tanks of various sizes

cheers dane

I've been keeping fish for nearly 8 years. I started with a couple of goldfish, blackmoors etc. I moved on to a tropical community tank, then to Malawi Cichlids, then Red Bellied Piranha, then several Marine Reef and fish only tanks, and recently moved back to a tropical freshwater community which is becoming heavily planted which is new for me.

I'm 27 and will still keep fish when i'm 77. I LOVE IT! :good:

This is a great forum and thanks to everyone for making it what it is. Cheers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back