How Old Are You, And How Long Have You Been Fish Keeping?

I'm 21. When I was around 10/11 I had a goldfish in a small bowl for about 1.5 years.

I have had my current tank since late January this year and have also got a 1.5 Gallon Betta Tank.

I'm 26 and had a tank when i was younger and the fish did good until i went on vacation and both my uncles without knowing it were feeding the fish too much. They were all dead when i got home and i just never got the tank stocked again and it was sold. I recently decided to get back into the hobby and picked up a 29 gallon about 2 weeks ago.

Im 25 been keeping fish for nearly 2 decades now. Thanks dad for all your hand me downs Over the years. I started the common fair ground goldfish and it carried on from there really.

14, one year fresh, about 4 months of owning a saltwater tank + 7 months of research into saltwater tanks.

Kinda somewhere around the 30ish mark (ish). We've been keeping freshwater and marine trops for something like ten years but have had our current number of tanks for two years. Stayed steady at 12 ranging from 50 - 500 litre (not including breeding/fry rearing tanks and hatcheries on the window ledges!). 7 Marines (2 nano, 1 FOWLR, 4 reef) 5 freshwater. We had to call a halt after we needed to re-home the toaster and coffee machine to fit the last one in!

40 years old here. Kept goldfish as a child, mum has two huge ponds of Kio. My children are now all grown up enough not to need me tending them 24/7 so I decided it was time for me to get a hobby and really enjoy it. My fish and set ups are listed. Been Keeping fish again now for about 8 months.

I'm just the right side of 30, and have been keeping fish for about 10 years. Started with goldfish, moved to tropicals and now planted...Also hoping to set up my first koi pond next year :D

i'm 28 and started fishkeeping about 3 months ago. My girlfriend had a 20 gal tank and wanted fish. We put like a berjillion fish in not knowing what we were doing. it got left to me to do the research and keep the fish alive. we now have a 55 gal and a 60 gal as well as the 20. is it just me or is fishkeeping like heroine?

I'm 24, have been keeping fish on and off most of my life, just coldwater and keeping them very badly.

Then last year my husband bought me a black moor as a present off my daughter and that got me started again and also set me in the right direction as I researched about keeping fish and realised how badly I'd treated fish in the past.

Beginning of this year is when I seriously got into it and setup a few more tanks, I went mad at one point and had 6 tanks running with the view to have another 4 setup but now I only have 4 running with 3 in storage. I still have big plans, I'm hoping once we move to have space for some heavy duty racking(they can take 900kg on each shelf) and get a few 6ft tanks for them. So hopefully this time next year I'll have about 4 6ft tanks and a few 4ft ers as well as the smaller tanks for hospital / breeding.

I'm 18, my parents owned a large community tank til I was about 11 then got rid of it :blink: After that I had a few goldfish, until a couple of months ago when the parents bought my boyfriend a tank for our house. He spent a great deal of time moaning about wanting one, so after that, tanks have taken over since I saw Betta's :lol:

I'm 16. I had fish when I was a kid off and on in a 29g. Now I have been officially keeping for 2 years, and have 7 tanks.

Here are my tanks:
55g with CA cichlids, and a school of tiger barbs.
29g with 3 Bolivian rams and 4 albino cories.
10g with fry
10g with male betta
20g with guppies and platies
40g with male VT betta and 12 black neon tetras
125g malawai setup

Most reactions

trending

Back