How many tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gwand

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
This forum, besides being a source of new knowledge and fun is a great influencer. I was wondering how many new tanks you set up since becoming a TFF devotee? For me the answer is five new tanks in 14 months since becoming a member. TFF has aided and abetted my addiction. But some addictions can be healthy. 😄

all of mine were previously set up tanks, that I had going 20 years ago... I did get a new 250 gallon, but it's going into a spot in the house, that I'm currently working on, so getting the other projects done, will effect that fill date... I guess I did add 4 new 10 gallon tanks as quarantine, & holding tanks, this last year... ( now, 14 tanks total... 2 - 30 gallons & the 250 gallon I've yet to set a fill date on, & a 45 gallon, getting filled in the next week or so... )

Last edited:
Ohh fun! Since I joined the forum I suppose I've had 10 tanks but 6 of them have been since I got hooked again in 2020 - when I swore I'd be happy with just one small one haha!

We started our first tank a week or so before joining. Now have four going plus two that are currently dry. Nothing like what I see here, we are still on training wheels.

Hello. Just one for me. A 55 gallon with about 18 Giant Danios. I have started taking care of a 55 gallon tank for a local business. So, even though it's not mine, I guess I can count it.

I've started 5 tanks ( 3 gallon [1] | 5 gallon [1] | 10 gallon [2] | 55 gallon [1] ) since I joined these forums, which has been a little over a year ago now. Prior to joining I started a 40 gallon outdoor pond and a 20 gallon aquarium tank, which are both up and still running today.

I have the same number now as when I joined the forum, though I have had more during the time I've been here.

I had a 60 litre and a 25 litre tanks when I joined. The 60 was replaced with a 125 litre, which was replaced with a 180 litre. I still have a 25 litre-ish tank, but it's not the same tank as in 2006. And for a while I also had a 54 litre tank but had to close than when the room was altered and there was no longer space for it.

I will have 3 tanks, a 75, 40 and 29 gallon tank. I am currently working on the 75 gallon tank.

So while at dinner with some friends, they started some good nature teasing of my aquariums ie: why fish? I smiled and reminded them that one couple has 2 very noisy dogs while the other couple has birds flying around her house. So why have fish? Well they are very quiet, they never leave the aquarium and with an automatic fish feeder, i can go on a 2 week vacation with no worries. And the same with other pets, they are very excited to see me when I return.

So I will stay with fish for now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back