How Many No Longer Like Black Ops

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
there is a crop of graphics cards, claiming to take advantage of things in Blops, and all cost from £120. question is why? the game engine is so old, why do we need a upgrade at all? you can get it to run (remember RUN, well "limp") on a, lets say, two year old pc. but the card from that PC will never run the game like a Xbox360. the GeForce GTX 460 1GB is needed for that.

Compare an Xbox360 playing BLOPS and a PC playing it, you will notice the xbox graphics are actually pretty #40## awful for the year it is. Textures are poorly rendered on the xbox, I didn't think MW2 was very good for graphics until I decided to load it on my PC and realised how much you were missing out on.

As well as the fact that even the xbox lags, my PC is yet to lag on MW2 but then again like you said it is a very old game engine. In fact a game engine since Call of Duty 2 if I recall correctly.
I first played MW2 on PC. i was shocked at the result of playing it on a Ps3 Xbox. all of graphics, i would call "Average" but the PC was much better, even so.

yup no 360 game is 1080p hardly any ps3 game is 720p

i think you will find that all PS3 games, display in the same Resolution as the Xbox. ie 720p. dont know of any 1080p games, but some games have movies in that resolution.

mind you, truth is, neither gets to 720P (truly).
what i meant is most of todays games run at 640 upscaled

yeah, sorry. I'd posted prior to working that out!:blush: :blush: :blush:

Simple arguement:
You have a PC in your house, pretty much guaranteed these days. In order to upgrade this PC to be able to run modern games, all it should require is a ~£80 upgrade.
How much is a xbox new? ~£150?

PC games at release: £30-£40.
xbox games at release: £40-£60.

I win.
£80 are you serious? right so thats assuming people have at least a 3GHZ let alone a dual core and also more than 1gb of ram so £80 is going to cover perhaps a new psu a new graphics card and maybe some extra ram? where are you shopping because i want to shop there

even more salient! how many of us have a PC for every person in the house? (oops, that's me). all fine and dandy, till you can get on, because your mum,dad,sister or brother are on it.
i guess its fine if, you are the only one using it. or your parents can buy you one each. the rest of us buy a games console to play games. its, usually, ours to use when we wish.
yes, the graphics aren't as good. but you do know you will not need to upgrade it, in two years time. (just to be able to play games) cant say that for a PC!

also aint seem anything like "MOVE", "KENETIC" or even Wii controls on a PC. and this control system, is the future for gaming.

I see TF's point about costs. but, how much will you spend on PC's over the (ten year) life of the PS3? (don't know the design life of the Xbox) bit more than you will spend on ONE console, I'll bet.

I have been running the same quad core hardware for my PC since the Q6600 CPU came out in what 2007? I no longer bother running windows, I hate it, and use Linux instead...this means I probably wont upgrade hardware now for another 2-3 years minimum, I wont need to. There used to be a time when I ran high spec PC hardware and upgraded every couple of years or so to be able to play the latest and greatest games but it was just too expensive as I always wanted to get a better Mobo, graphics, CPU and Memory costing a few hundred quid...otherwise the upgrade was only half way there and a new upgrade would be needed soon after anyway which would involve a new mobo atleast.

I now have a PS3 in the living room with a nice 37" 1080P display hooked up and couldn't be happier...well I will be happier when the move compatible shoot em up games come out :) I figure I will not spend any more on it apart from peripherals and games until it dies a death, which would be way after another PC upgrade had I been using one for gaming still. I also now have a bluray player ;)

On to the original topic, I'm a battlefield gamer through and through, BF2, BF2142 and now BFBC2 ;) But I may well get Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 when they arrive....or a little after once the prices drop

On to the original topic, I'm a battlefield gamer through and through, BF2, BF2142 and now BFBC2 ;) But I may well get Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 when they arrive....or a little after once the prices drop

you on the BBC3 beta? (when its released)

Sorry, what standard family PC bought in the last 3-4 years doesn't have 1gb ram and dual core?

Quite simply, noone in their right mind should buy a computer these days with less than 2g ram and a minimum 2.6ghz dual-core.

If you buy less than that, and paid more than £500 for that, you were conned and a little bit simple.

You could easily pick up one of last years (or the year befores) performance graphics cards cheap, and they'll run everything on a decent enough setting for the next 2 years or so.

Worry not about the graphics, more about your memory and processing power.

When people like me can play most games on average settings on a £150 second hand 5 year old laptop, and you lot are whinging about expensive upgrades, then simply, you're trying too hard.

Just my personal opinions.

on the other hand, whats the point in having a pc if you cant fully spec it and brag about the graphics, seen as its the only thing a pc has thats better than a console ? if i had a 2 year old gaming pc, stuttering through MW2 on medium settings, id be severely pissed off that A: it was running crap and B:i brought a pc cos my mates said it had better graphics than the 200 quid xbox. a pc only has better gaphics if you can afford to buy the bits to make it run that well.

console v pc will always be an arguement that will never be won. i lost interest in pc gaming due to the ease of cheating, and the lack of skill needed to wield a mouse and get headshots. there is nothing easier than using a mouse on a shooter. and the cost of keeping up with new games, even being a year behind the technology is expensive. the only benefits i can see now of pc gaming is its free, games are a tenner cheaper than console eqivelants and the modding community is brilliant. however the social aspect of console online gaming is lightyears ahead of the pc. ok so you pay for xbox live, but i truely dont begrudge it, even if it is a bit steep. i wish they'd ditch MS points and just let me pay with real money, but then the expense of the dlc would be too obvious.

its horses for courses i guess. im now full on console gaming, much the way that im full on xbox. i never owned a playstation, i went straight into the N64 from my mighty sega master system. from N64 to xbox ive never wanted a PS. much the way that i will never want to play a game on a pc again.

When people like me can play most games on average settings on a £150 second hand 5 year old laptop, and you lot are whinging about expensive upgrades, then simply, you're trying too hard.

Just my personal opinions.

you can run BLOPs on a 5 year old laptop? i doubt it.

you defiantly can't do that with BBC2. 2gb dual core 'minimum', 2gb ram, 512mb graphics. and that's just the minimum to make it run (very slowly)

not an opinion. its stated on the boxes!

you defiantly can't do that with BBC2. 2gb dual core 'minimum', 2gb ram, 512mb graphics. and that's just the minimum to make it run (very slowly)

Never tried with BLOPs, but my crappy laptop has the specs to run BBC2. But my point is not what my laptop can and can't do, my point was if this 5 year old second hand laptop can run such games, then a cheap second hand computer can too, with far more ease. Hence backing up what was said earlier by someone else that, once you realise you don't need the dogs bollocks show off "look at my e-peen" computer, pc gaming is pretty #40## cheap.

But the biggest problem I find is most pc gamers really want people to look at the size of their E-Peen.

Never tried with BLOPs, but my crappy laptop has the specs to run BBC2. But my point is not what my laptop can and can't do, my point was if this 5 year old second hand laptop can run such games, then a cheap second hand computer can too, with far more ease. Hence backing up what was said earlier by someone else that, once you realise you don't need the dogs bollocks show off "look at my e-peen" computer, pc gaming is pretty #40## cheap.

But the biggest problem I find is most pc gamers really want people to look at the size of their E-Peen.
:lol: :lol: E-peen

He is right, YOU DONT NEED A GOOD COMPUTER, you can often play games SMOOTHLY (although low settings) on computer that do not meet the minimum requirements.

but if youre going to do that, just get an xbox or ps3. :lol:

£150 laptop and I get gaming, online gaming. Internet and TV.

Did I mention I like retro games.. And these new consoles don't backtrack very well.. whereas I can pick up any pc game back since computing first began and run it (sure, pre Vista games will need a minor tweak but thats easy)

Now tell me I can get that for £150 with a PS3 or an XBOX?

Not only that, but whenever I walk into a gaming store these days and look at a shelf it goes the same way..

"boring boring boring, crap, overdone, boring, that might be ok, boring dull, waste of time, pointless, boring..."

Since the release of the PS3 i've wanted to play 3 games.. Heavenly Sword, Gran Turismo 5 and Little Big Planet.

Since the release of the Xbox 360.. um.. Er.. oh wait.. um nope.. oh wait! Viva Pinata.

2 consoles, both rip off prices, I like a whole 4 games. Honestly, Screw console gaming, Pc's are the way forward (or at times, backwards.. Portal and Half-Life 2 still have better storylines than anything on next gen consoles)

agreed. though how you are supposed to show it off, when they have such a tight grip on it!

we will have to disagree on the Pc, thing. neither BLOPs or BBC2 will run, worth a toss, on a dual core 2ghz, 2gb with a 9800, 512mb Gfx card. they limp, even with a newer card. BLOPs not so badly.

£150 laptop and I get gaming, online gaming. Internet and TV.

Did I mention I like retro games.. And these new consoles don't backtrack very well.. whereas I can pick up any pc game back since computing first began and run it (sure, pre Vista games will need a minor tweak but thats easy)

Now tell me I can get that for £150 with a PS3 or an XBOX?

Not only that, but whenever I walk into a gaming store these days and look at a shelf it goes the same way..

"boring boring boring, crap, overdone, boring, that might be ok, boring dull, waste of time, pointless, boring..."

Since the release of the PS3 i've wanted to play 3 games.. Heavenly Sword, Gran Turismo 5 and Little Big Planet.

Since the release of the Xbox 360.. um.. Er.. oh wait.. um nope.. oh wait! Viva Pinata.

2 consoles, both rip off prices, I like a whole 4 games. Honestly, Screw console gaming, Pc's are the way forward (or at times, backwards.. Portal and Half-Life 2 still have better storylines than anything on next gen consoles)

to be fair, youre just bringing another element into the arguement that the majority arent interested in though. i could say the wii is better than everything because it has Mario games. fact is its still #105### despite having mario. and also, nobody wants to watch tv on a laptop unless you're forced to. in the age of having tv's in almost any room, or at least being cheap enough to do so, watching tv on a laptop is something people are only forced into.

i agree lots of games are crap, but xbox arcade and indie games is a very credible source of games worth playing, old and new. i can play 95% of original xbox games, and download quite a few old sega games but personally i cant think of anything pre N64 id ever want to play again. rose tinted glasses are great, but i dont even want to play goldeneye, seems #105### now.

im assuming that despite your hate of consoles you have played every game to come to the conclusion all the stories are rubbish ? i played half life 2, and the only bit i can remember is getting off the train at the start. and the swamp boat thing i could magically control without holding the handlebars :lol: :lol: . so it must of made quite an impression on me.

also earlier on, somebody put 60 quid as a price for an xbox game :huh: really ? ive never paid more than 43 quid for a brand new release day game. yes still more than a pc, but if you're paying 60 quid for a new game you're such a nugget you deserve to be ripped off.

One of the best stories i've played was Resistance 2, what a game!

James.

I have a friend who's worst habit is buying games and selling them on a week later, I've played most of the top titles on PS3, we only bothered with the 360 for a week. He's now gone back to playing WoW because he's bored of the consoles.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back