How Many No Longer Like Black Ops

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Euston

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm hearing more and more now about people who are selling black ops because they don't like it at all.

I have to stick my hand up as I'm one of them and have gone back to MW2

Anyone else disappointed with it?

i got to level 50 in about 3 weeks, and then sold it. i had no urge to prestige, just seems like a way for people to show off how few real world friends they have :lol: i had no urge to carry on playing after getting to 50, i played the 1 player once, then sold it.

however, i played it much longer than i did MW2, which i still think was worse.

i just went back to bad company 2. its so much more enjoyable and fun, its unreal. people take CoD too seriously, and its a severe case of "im the only one on the team that matters". BC2 promotes teamwork even when your not trying to be a team. i generally only have 2 or 3 regular players i go on with. within that squad obviously its very much teamwork, but even people on your team in other squads all chip in healing/fixing/ whatever. and theres a 'Nam expansion coming out on monday, with '70's soundtrack :good: :good: :good:

i cant even remember what the team sizes are on cod ?? i was watching a mate play it on the PC and it was only 12, 6 per side. its 12 per side on bad company 2.

one of my mates also sold the game after playing it for about 20 minutes.

interesting to hear as I have not bought it yet as I only just bough Red Dead andhave been playing that instead
I wasn;t a fan of MW2 and still play COD 4 on a regular basis

It sucks and i do not even intend on buying it XD

interesting to hear as I have not bought it yet as I only just bough Red Dead andhave been playing that instead
I wasn;t a fan of MW2 and still play COD 4 on a regular basis

i honestly would stick with COD4. id still be playing mine if my disc hadn't have got so abused. i do think black ops is good, but since cod4 ive not played a CoD that has kept my interest like CoD4 did. i honestly think WaW and MW2 was so bad it put me off big time. and at the same time i got into bad company.

Hmmm I forgot about bad company 2.

What are the maps like on BC2 compared to say COD maps?
Are they similar in size?

Still have it, both Hubby and Son are enjoying playing it :)

still think its great you've just gotta make it different like at the minute im focusing on using c4 to get people its more fun to kill people in a humiliating way :lol:

Hmmm I forgot about bad company 2.

What are the maps like on BC2 compared to say COD maps?
Are they similar in size?

the vast majority of the maps are huge. bare in mind that BC2 has vehicles to use, like tanks, APC's, quads, choppers, jetski's etc. so there needs to be enough room to make it worth using them. however, they have somehow done it so that most of the maps, you are always in the action and being in a tank is not the be all and end all. a carefully planned run from cover at a passing tank with a block of c4 will take it out. there a couple of maps that absolutely vast, and being on foot in those is a bit tiresome. theres also a lot more open space to make long shots on the BC2 maps, the cod maps always feel very hemmed in. rent it and give it a go, might even be quite cheap now its been out a while.

the gameplay is very different due to the vehicles and open spaces, its more about your ability to shoot people accurately, rather than on cod your ability to just pull the trigger first and hope for the best. BC2 also has real world bulelt physics, namely if you try snipe at somebody ont eh other side of the map, your bullet will realistically feel the effects of gravity, and drop over distance. so you nee to aim higher to compensate. makes cod feel like your playing with laser guns.

Black Ops like MW2 is poor, for a number of reasons I will list why I hate both but more specifically Black Ops. Unfortunately my flat mates love it and I prefer real war games like the classics of BF2 and BF2142.

1) Matchmaking hasn't improved at all, you get a laggy person hosting you then rearrange for a new host and then you wait through all the loading screens only to get "Error game session ended" and you have to start again. This can go on for many times before anything happens.

2) Lag... Lagging even when everyones connection is apparently fine, you nail the crap out of someone and nothing happens they turn around and then teleport (lag) around you and knife you.

3) Knifing... It's a knife... not a bloodly lance! Over powered and more useful than a gun in close range, you also don't take and speed reduction whilst being shot. Pretty sure being shot in the face or chest would prevent me running across a room dolphin diving to knife someone.

4) Perks... Always hated them always will, I love the attachment system but hate perks, how is increased sponge properties to absorb bullets fair? After all half your bullets claim to hit but never do.

5) Hit box, the hit box on BO is absolutely appualing, both me and my friends have experimented with this trying to shoot each other finding that you can one shot someone by aiming near them and not even touch their body and others you can shoot them and nothing.

6) Bullet stopping power, Some weapons specifically shotguns can sometimes snipe people and other times you can pump 3 rounds into someone point blank and nothing, Rifles can be just as poor you can use a high powered rifle shoot someone who should die instead without damage or movement issues which they should suffer from they aim up and one hit you from the other side of the map with an SMG.

7) RDX Remote control car... what were they thinking? How pathetic is that, not only does the idea of a remote control car suck it is even worse that with the hitbox issues you can't even accurately destroy one you just have to spray at it.

8) Kill streaks... you are rewarding people who are absolutely demolishing other players with something so overpowered you may as well just give them the tactical nuclear missile. It should be the other way round, those who aren't doing so well receive a boost otherwise you just end up with people on 15.50 K/Dr

9) KillCam... From the hundreds of games I've played I can honestly say about 99% of kills on the killcam aren't legitimate kills and the final few shots are sprayed miles away from the dying person yet again proving the hit box sucks.

10) It's purely a MW2 Mod, little game designing needed.

11) Extortionately expensive for a game in which you probably already own over half of the coding (MW2) can be priced averagely around £45 in the stores.

12) Only a few maps, and some very poorly designed ones.

13) Shooting through objects, anyone noticed you can't shoot through the projector on the Japanese/Korean map? You can shoot through cement blocks and walls in some maps but you can't shoot through a flimsy projector casing. You can shoot through glass windows but trying to kill someone through a car window is too much to ask for.

14) One I've always hated is the hell system, it's a bit like Halos in the fact that there is no health more of a "I'll absorb bullets until the server decides I die" which results in people absorbing entire clips before dying.

15) Crosshair hit, rarely does your crosshair hit sign actually mean you hit. You can see this on your death where you are shown on the killcam, the person killing you rarely ever gets hit even though your HUD was spamming "X X XX X XX" to show you had hit.

16) Really low life expectancy on this game though.

17) Still can't change kits in a game, you end up having 30 seconds to recustomise a bunch of kits or face sitting out of match making and going through the endless loop of changing hosts and being disconnected.

18) Still... I can invite friends to my party and they are normally randomly kicked from the party just before a map loads for no known reason.

19) Over hyped and under produced.

20) Storylines are not interesting at all.

21) Most hilarious one of all! AIMING ASSIST! What the hell? This is a war game not hello kitty's island of adventure. What kind of game gives you aim assist (autoaim in many cases) absolutely awful.

Everything Moochy said above I agree with, BO and MW2 is like playing with lasers.

EA's Battlefield series has always had that true war game feel about it. It makes it a little arcadey whilst it's at it. The fact people think a tank WOW AWESOME! No... really it isn't you can be awesome but there are so many people who know how you shove a potato up your tail pipe. With vehicles and large maps there is a lot more to do and a lot more ways to do it.

Call of duty has always been a game where pulling the trigger first = win, if of course you don't lag have an unfortunate run in with the hitbox issue or anything else that causes CoD to be a declining game series. COD1 was just like that, you would spawn on just hold fire to kill anyone, if you wanted to win you would use the Russian PsPH or whatever if you wanted to die you would try to use any other weapon.

Its no counter strike (but then nothing comes close!). I prefer it over MW2, which really took it to the limit of madness in perks, kill streaks, etc. I played it alot, but the addiction often came from the anger of your last death..

Black ops stops kill streak rewards adding to your total killstreak which is good, and stops the terrible snowball effect. Sniper rifles can no longer be used to the same degree in MW2, where no scoping and quick scoping was a joke.

Perks are more balanced, no more commando pro! but now ghost pro and hacker pro take the top spots, and make claymores and choppers pretty useless..

Grenade launchers are as silly as ever, but then nothing was ever gonna stop those.

Maps have improved, less silly camping spots, more open areas for snipers to be used as they should, less death funneling too.

Saying all this, I only play hardcore, so when I shoot someone they go down and dont just knife me... Knifing has become less frequent which is nice, commando pro always was a joke.

The story mode was meh, but hey, its all about the multiplayer really.

I would like to go back to cod 4 sometime and see what its like, I do miss the maps from that game.

This entire thread is why I don't play on consoles.
Black Ops is a godsend of the CoD series for PC players.
It's (recently patched to be) lagfree, well balanced, good maps, good weapons, good killstreaks, good perks, it's just a bloody well done game.
Play it on a console, and it's a different story.

This entire thread is why I don't play on consoles.
Black Ops is a godsend of the CoD series for PC players.
It's (recently patched to be) lagfree, well balanced, good maps, good weapons, good killstreaks, good perks, it's just a bloody well done game.
Play it on a console, and it's a different story.

patch not working. game, irrevocably broken, PC,Xbox or Ps3. when it came out, 30 of my friend vanished from BFBC2. all, but a few, back now. laggy, shocking shot detection, boring maps and heavy artillery, doesn't even damage buildings! :crazy: and trying to get a team together (in lobby), well......good luck. returnees all make one comment, "I'd forgotten BFBC2 was so much fun!". even the "die hard" COD merchants are deserting it now. its a shame, it could have been so good. but a 4 year old game engine is just that, OLD.

I'm a member of a Games forum, for the over 30's, we intended to use it for this seasons squad competitions. not now, you cant even get a team together, as i said.

whilst you play BFBC2, look forward to KillZone 3.

The Source engine is approaching 6 years old, and it still runs good looking and advanced games.
Bad Company 2 is brilliant, CoD is not better, it's just a very different game. The latest PC patch has fixed all the issues for 99% of people. There is NO LAG, AT ALL on PC. The variation of weapons is good, gamemodes are good, maps are good, there is nothing wrong with this simple, fun shooter.

Lobby problems - Don't exist on PC.
Lag - Nope, on PC.
Shot detection? - You mean hit registration? The hitboxes are absolutely fine, I've never heard any complaints about them.

Also, BFBC2 Console: Max 24 players, PC: Max 32 players :)

Most reactions

Back