How Many No Longer Like Black Ops

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

When you realise you don't really need a SUPER DUPER GRAPHICS CARD every time a new game comes out, PC gaming is actually cheaper than console gaming.

I love the zombies and still play it for that but the multiplayer is very frustrating and laggy and the campaign is boring and feels like a chore to play. The problem in my opinion is the damage and accuracy is way to high on guns like the submachine guns and assult rifles, in my opinion world at war was better because there was more contrast between the guns, like the MP40 for example; it did mega damage but was very innacurate. Now however the guns do lots of damage and are very accurate still, especially the assault rifles, it almost makes sniper rifles obsolete. It is WAY to easy to get kills on this game and not much skill is involved, it is taken far to seriously.

It is WAY to easy to get kills on this game and not much skill is involved, it is taken far to seriously.

You summed up my views on online multiplayer in that sentence right there.

James.

When you realise you don't really need a SUPER DUPER GRAPHICS CARD every time a new game comes out, PC gaming is actually cheaper than console gaming.

there is a crop of graphics cards, claiming to take advantage of things in Blops, and all cost from £120. question is why? the game engine is so old, why do we need a upgrade at all? you can get it to run (remember RUN, well "limp") on a, lets say, two year old pc. but the card from that PC will never run the game like a Xbox360. the GeForce GTX 460 1GB is needed for that. now lets say you have a 4 year old pc (give or take the age of the ps3 Xbox) you aint got a cat in hells chance of running the game on it. i guess if you have a new PC every two years or so, your fine. sadly, most of use dont do that. the result is PC gaming, is vastly, more expensive than console gaming.

I understand why BBC2 needs a beefy Pc spec to run. after all, its a PC game, ported to consoles. but BLOPs is a console game ported to PC. and the console its (originally) written for is 4-5 years old (Xbox). absolutely no need for a high spec pc. yet we still need one.

My PC is approximately 4 years old.
I run black ops and medium-high settings at max resolution (Just short of 1080p) at 60 FPS.
Your xbox runs it at Low-medium settings at maximum 720p, at 60fps.

errm my xbox is set to run at either 1080p or 1080i, whatever the difference is. or am i missing something ?

yup no 360 game is 1080p hardly any ps3 game is 720p

i think you will find that all PS3 games, display in the same Resolution as the Xbox. ie 720p. dont know of any 1080p games, but some games have movies in that resolution.

mind you, truth is, neither gets to 720P (truly).

there is a crop of graphics cards, claiming to take advantage of things in Blops, and all cost from £120. question is why? the game engine is so old, why do we need a upgrade at all? you can get it to run (remember RUN, well "limp") on a, lets say, two year old pc. but the card from that PC will never run the game like a Xbox360. the GeForce GTX 460 1GB is needed for that.

Compare an Xbox360 playing BLOPS and a PC playing it, you will notice the xbox graphics are actually pretty #40## awful for the year it is. Textures are poorly rendered on the xbox, I didn't think MW2 was very good for graphics until I decided to load it on my PC and realised how much you were missing out on.

As well as the fact that even the xbox lags, my PC is yet to lag on MW2 but then again like you said it is a very old game engine. In fact a game engine since Call of Duty 2 if I recall correctly.

Simple arguement:
You have a PC in your house, pretty much guaranteed these days. In order to upgrade this PC to be able to run modern games, all it should require is a ~£80 upgrade.
How much is a xbox new? ~£150?

PC games at release: £30-£40.
xbox games at release: £40-£60.

I win.

Simple arguement:
You have a PC in your house, pretty much guaranteed these days. In order to upgrade this PC to be able to run modern games, all it should require is a ~£80 upgrade.

I win.

a family with 2 kids both want to play black ops thats 80 pounds each =160

xbox =150 and has split screen without huddling into a pc screen or having a pc hooked up to your tv

(i personally dislike xbox and prefer ps3 but this would make my argument void :lol: )

i think you will find that all PS3 games, display in the same Resolution as the Xbox. ie 720p. dont know of any 1080p games, but some games have movies in that resolution.

what i meant is most of todays games run at 640 upscaled

Simple arguement:

I win.
£80 are you serious? right so thats assuming people have at least a 3GHZ let alone a dual core and also more than 1gb of ram so £80 is going to cover perhaps a new psu a new graphics card and maybe some extra ram? where are you shopping because i want to shop there

what i meant is most of todays games run at 640 upscaled

Simple arguement:

I win.
£80 are you serious? right so thats assuming people have at least a 3GHZ let alone a dual core and also more than 1gb of ram so £80 is going to cover perhaps a new psu a new graphics card and maybe some extra ram? where are you shopping because i want to shop there

Sorry, what standard family PC bought in the last 3-4 years doesn't have 1gb ram and dual core?

quite a few may come with a dual core and 1gb of ram but what if they are on vista or win 7?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back