6 cardinal tetras
6 mollys
6 bleeding heart tetras
1 plec
2 adf
3 panda catfish

I have 120 litre tank

Is it possible to add any more fish? And what would be ok

We need to know the parameters, which are GH and pH here. You have fish listed requiring very different water, and none of us wants to be recommending fish that will have difficulty.

You have stocking issues now, but again our recommending more fish without knowing the water parameters is not good advice.

This is similar to the thread you posted yesterday, you have some softwater and some hardwater fish which have different requirements, not sure if your LFS would agree to take some back then you could potentially add more which suit your parameters (from memory your water was on the harder side?)

This is similar to the thread you posted yesterday, you have some softwater and some hardwater fish which have different requirements, not sure if your LFS would agree to take some back then you could potentially add more which suit your parameters (from memory your water was on the harder side?)
Yer I am in discussion with taking the mollies back but just for instance if the mollies were fine in there how many more fish would I be to have in

Thanks

Yer I am in discussion with taking the mollies back but just for instance if the mollies were fine in there how many more fish would I be to have in

Thanks
And water was on the soft side

Thanks
Ah apologies I couldn't find the other thread to see what else had been discussed. I would say more corys, they prefer a larger group, some say minimum 8 others say 10 or more. They should also be more peaceful with your ADF's and shouldn't steal food when you're target feeding.

Edit just saw your water is softer so more cories may not be better. Can you remember the parameters?

Ah apologies I couldn't find the other thread to see what else had been discussed. I would say more corys, they prefer a larger group, some say minimum 8 others say 10 or more. They should also be more peaceful with your ADF's and shouldn't steal food when you're target feeding.
Ok great so I’m thinking of swapping the Mollies for more corys, would I be to have anymore in there or would that be stocked full
I have just bought a 207 fluval to give better filteration aswell

We are to-ing and fro-ing here because we do not have the relevant data on the water. GH is very important for fish, there are species like the tetras and cories that come from very soft water, and there are the mollies that come from much harder water.

Also do you know if your current fish are juveniles or if they have growing to do? Can't remember which pleco you said you had but some get quite large.

Plec is a bn I can’t get the mollies re homed at the moment could I add add anything else or am I stocked I also have another 3 corys so 6!in total

Water parameters

Attachments

• IMG_9485.jpeg
    IMG_9485.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9483.jpeg
    IMG_9483.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 11
It would also help to know the tank dimensions, particularly length and width. Fish that swim (the Bleeding Hearts more than the cardinal tetras here) need more lineal space.

That means 'greater than 4 dH' but it's not as high as the 'greater than 7 dH' band. it took me a while to work it out but there are 4 colour 'patches' and you have to compare the number of purple and the number of greeney blue to the chart. In this case it's 1 purple + 3 greeny blue which is the second level of hardness on the chart.

It just seems a complicated way of doing it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back