How Many Blue Rams In 35 Gallon, Breeding?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lutinochichi

Reaction score
Okay so I have a tall 35 gallon aquarium with two blue rams in there and a bristle nose, now all is good but I'm desperate for a breeding pair. How many can I buy for the tank I was thinking four and then if I get a breeding pair to remove some of the others. Also I really like the gold rams if I got 2 of each would the chances of breeding go down. Also I know bristles noses can eat the eggs I'll work around that somehow maybe put them in a different tank once I have a pair, but if I move them back once I have a school of fry, they won't eat the fry will they?

Thanks for any help you can give me
Alannah

A way of getting a pair is to get a group and then wait for a pair to form but Rams can be difficult as females are sometimes rare.

In a 30g it is possible to maintain 2 maybe 3 pairs but depends on the foot print and the decor you have if you have a lot of line of sight breakers I would start off with a large group of youngsters (hopefully your current two are not too old now) and wait for one or more pair to form - I think this will determine how many pairs you ultimately end up with.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back