How Friendly Do You Feel?

At 16 here pl*co, they the option of going to college and then onto university, so its not like they must go to work. We just have a different system here and differing names than you, but the essence is still the same.
 
Family Law Reform Act. With effect from 1970, the age of majority lowered from 21 to 18 years. You are still legaly classed as a minor not an adult till you are 18 even though you may be treated as an adult in some ways at 16. There are still many things you can not do. I believe you may ask a court to emancipate you before then though.
 
I have no problems paying rent, I am more than happy paying rent as I know my parents have done a lot for me. I didn't make the topic to beg I just didnt want to see things to go to waste when I could use them. I am currently looking for FreeCycle in leicester but struggling.
 
Maybe patience is the key - you say you don't have any but maybe now is a good time to learn some.
OK so you have a puppy that needs time and money spent on him/her, rent, phone, etc.
Start yourself a budget sheet list all of you outgoings and then list that against what you have coming in.
You have to look at where you can reduce your current outgoings to accomodate your new outgoings.
Remember even if someone knocked on your door today with a complete tank set up (tank, stand, substrate, filter, heater, plants, etc and a voucher for fish for when your filter is cycled) you would still have to cover food, meds, etc not to mention the electric to run your tank.
You'll also need to have patience to wait while your filter cycles before you add any fish - that will take a lot of patience.
Maybe now is a good time for you to spend reading up about this hobby you want to begin, reasearch different fish you might want to keep, think about adult size, habitat, compatibility, etc
Put a little money aside each week ito the "fish fund".
£150 is less than min wage (based on my assuming you work full time) so you want to ask about that. If you're not working full time and aren't at college then maybe you need to look at a second income for the fish fund?
Fish keeping isn't a one off outlay - it's an ongoing money pit LOL - 'fraid to say but 'tis true.
 
Im only working part time - every morning. I understand what your sayingand all this is helping me out ALOT! and I am currently looking for another job - but there is litrally non about at the moment.
 
I have no problems paying rent, I am more than happy paying rent as I know my parents have done a lot for me. I didn't make the topic to beg I just didnt want to see things to go to waste when I could use them. I am currently looking for FreeCycle in leicester but struggling.

I've got Leicester,Loughborough &Market Harborough coming up on the Freecycle pages, are any of those good for you? I can post links for you if it would help? You have to join a yahoo group to see the posts & you need a yahoo account.
 
I have tried to join the Leicester group just waiting on approvement off the members etc.
 
haha i was moved out by my sixteenth birthday, not for problem or parent's, was my own choice, rented a room in a friend's house and worked at a supermarket in the evening's wilst college in the day and done other work at the weekend including a bakery and also partime at a petshop and a vetinary surgery :blink: Looking back how did i manage to live my life :shifty: but i did :lol:

ok enough of the ole biddy story's....

We all try to source freebie's, beleive me iam the king :hey:

check here also advertise your willing to rehome fish and tank's etc
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/

I actually had to remove my advert as people were phoning me all the time with rehome this that and the other, tank's were offered to me left right and centre :hey:
 
Im from leicester matey - I have looked on there and can not see anything but ill keep looking, cheers.
 
dang ok you shall just have to cast the net, classifieds in your area, word of mouth down fish shop's, say if someone asks them to take a tank of them to give you a shout :good:
Also try the local tip<my mate found a 4ft/2/2ft down the yard, it was perfect and still is,
 

Most reactions

Back
Top