How Friendly Do You Feel?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
As a young lad - I don't have much money in my pocket.
So as I know there are tons of kind people out there, im wondering if anyone has spare things such as tank dividers,food,plants,ornaments,sponges ANYTHING! that will save me a little bit of cash..and make me a very greatful boy haha.

I want to get into the Fish scene quite good - the only thing stopping me is money, so if anyone would be kind enough to post ANYTHING! that would help me out even if its the littelest bit of somthing it does not matter.

So please PM me if you would like to send me somthing.
 
Dont take this the wrong way, cause its meant with the best intentions. But, advertising you are a young person and then basically offering to give your home address to any tom, dick or harry on a forum with over 40,000 members is a little dangerous IMO, whilst Im sure most here are perfectly harmless people, there are some that may not be, or others that could join just to get your address.

Please be careful.

Minx the cynical, cautious ol' ladies warning over :D
 
Dont worry - I won't just give my address out to anyone and everyone, I would make sure the person was geniune about sending me these things etc. Thanks for your advice though.
 
puts on croaky voice....

"Do you want to see my guppies"








Oh dear I probably shouldn't have said that but I couldn't resist :look:
 
As a young lad - I don't have much money in my pocket.
So as I know there are tons of kind people out there, im wondering if anyone has spare things such as tank dividers,food,plants,ornaments,sponges ANYTHING! that will save me a little bit of cash..and make me a very greatful boy haha.

I want to get into the Fish scene quite good - the only thing stopping me is money, so if anyone would be kind enough to post ANYTHING! that would help me out even if its the littelest bit of somthing it does not matter.

So please PM me if you would like to send me somthing.

Dont take this the wrong way, but often, when we get things for free we dont appreciate them, nothing worth having is ever gotten easy, with a little effort & time you should be able to set yourself up a decent tank for very little money, pop to the library & get them to order any books you would like to read & check out their petcare section.

Ebay is your friend, as is the classified section here & freecycle & the tip!

I was brought my first tank as a gift, but then I wanted a bigger one & I had to do it as cheaply as possible, so I scoured ebay (get your parents to help you out), look in the tanks section, then used, then distance nearest. I got my 3ft tank for just over £2! We had to drive 40mins to get it, but it was worth it. There are loads of cheap tanks on there, I have to stop myself buying more sooooo often.

I also posted on freecycle & had 2 offers on there, often the tip has used tanks, pop over & have a look a couple of times a week.
 
Cheers for the advice - Yeah I have been looking on ebay but have not had that much look they all go for £30+.

I have tried that freecycle but really can not understand it, and I shall nip up to the tip.

Please note people I did not do this as a 'beg' I just wanted bits of help. And I see karigupi's comment as a bit of help.

Thanks alot
 
Cheers for the advice - Yeah I have been looking on ebay but have not had that much look they all go for £30+.

I have tried that freecycle but really can not understand it, and I shall nip up to the tip.

Please note people I did not do this as a 'beg' I just wanted bits of help. And I see karigupi's comment as a bit of help.

Thanks alot
I meant to add, what county are you in? It might help if people have items as lots are too heavy to post.

p.s i've just found a lovely tank in Cambridgeshire on ebay for a tenner, but hubby frowned at me,shook his head & left the room, so i'm not allowed to buy it :(
 
p.s i've just found a lovely tank in Cambridgeshire on ebay for a tenner, but hubby frowned at me,shook his head & left the room, so i'm not allowed to buy it :(

Can you give a link? I'm near there
 
Dont take this the wrong way, cause its meant with the best intentions. But, advertising you are a young person and then basically offering to give your home address to any tom, dick or harry on a forum with over 40,000 members is a little dangerous IMO, whilst Im sure most here are perfectly harmless people, there are some that may not be, or others that could join just to get your address.

Please be careful.

Minx the cynical, cautious ol' ladies warning over :D

completely totally agree with minxy here. whilst this forum is full of kind genuine people the internet is a very dangerous place. anybody can come across lovely and friendly . my advice would be try and deal with people local to you and go and colect any items with an adult that you know.
 
Cheers for the advise guys, just shows that there really is genuine nice people on this forum :)
 
p.s i've just found a lovely tank in Cambridgeshire on ebay for a tenner, but hubby frowned at me,shook his head & left the room, so i'm not allowed to buy it :(

Can you give a link? I'm near there

I dont wanna!! only joking, as a new tank right now would probably mean divorce (although that would free up lots of space :))

I hope this link works:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FISHTANK-TOP-LIGHT-C...A1%7C240%3A1318

Im from East Midlands, Leicester.

Not too far from us, I used to work in Oadby, if I see anything I will give you a yell. :good:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back
Top