How Friendly Do You Feel?

OMG OMG OMG! Why carn't they have ####ing bargains like that in leicester grr


The swear filter got you! Please watch your language. This is a family oriented forum.
 
Find a nice local member who goes your way and pay them to buy it for you. I'm sure there must be one here somewhere.
 
OMG OMG OMG! Why carn't they have ####ing bargains like that in leicester grr

I'm a bit addicted to searching bargains on ebay, if I find another over your way I'll PM you, I found one in Market Harborough a couple of weeks back for a friend really cheap, I think we got it for £5.50 in the end.
 
why dont you earn some money like I do? im 14 and have two paper rounds which bring in £30 a week.

walk dogs, wash cars etc learn the true values of life by earning money!
 
why dont you earn some money like I do? im 14 and have two paper rounds which bring in £30 a week.

walk dogs, wash cars etc learn the true values of life by earning money!

Im working matey, Only part time as its hard to get work out there at the moment. But I also have my own puppy, who I have to buy food for etc. I have to pay board, I have to pay phone bill, I have a big family so theres always a birthday I have to spend for.

And I only get £150 every two weeks so im very shortend.

+ I know the full values of life mate, Im up at 5am every morning to get up to go to work, and I work as a cleaner - a 16 year old cleaner aint good when all his mates are out at college and stuff. So trust me ;)
 
why dont you earn some money like I do? im 14 and have two paper rounds which bring in £30 a week.

walk dogs, wash cars etc learn the true values of life by earning money!

Im working matey, Only part time as its hard to get work out there at the moment. But I also have my own puppy, who I have to buy food for etc. I have to pay board, I have to pay phone bill, I have a big family so theres always a birthday I have to spend for.

And I only get £150 every two weeks so im very shortend.

+ I know the full values of life mate, Im up at 5am every morning to get up to go to work, and I work as a cleaner - a 16 year old cleaner aint good when all his mates are out at college and stuff. So trust me ;)


how old are ya youngfish?
 
Why not try making one of your own, ask on freecycle or go round to the local glaziers for old glass, grab some silirub aq or such and make a mess in your bed room, its good practice, could be an earner for you, and its not hard, I only make them up to 4' by about 18" or so high, more than that I have to buy expensive glass, or replace the carpet et al. I sold one the other day and it paid for me to get a glass cutter i wanted badly ( a toyo thomas grip) so it can be of use.
 
im 16, and money isint stopping me, just slowing me down alot and im a very impatient teenager, like most teenagers. and regarding making my own fish tank my dad would go mad lol hes very strict
 
I dunno if they have this where you live, but craigslist, freecycle, and kijiji are excellent. on the 18th I got about 100 free grids & connectors (used for making guinea pig/rabbit cages) as well as a free plastic tub and wire crate thing. Over $100 worth of stuff.

then on the 19th I got a free 65g with wooden stand + expensive wet/dry filter, heater, and tons of other stuff (decorations, huge rocks and driftwood, medicines and food- though dunno if I can use those-, fake plants, gravel vac and siphon, etc, etc). Over $1,000 worth of stuff. Then that same day I got a 10gal with filter, pump, air bubble, decorations, hood, 1 pleco, 1 neon tetra, 2 ghost catfish etc, etc... over $150 worth. And in December I got a 55gal with screen for $15 and two tanks (5g and 2.5g, expensive good brands of tanks too) with tons of fish and some decorations, hoods, filters, etc for $11. And tons of other stuff since about Nov 2006. Its amazing how much money I've saved. I'm also young and don't work so I'm pretty much dependant on craigslist/freecycle/kijiji for animal stuff.
 
your 16 and your folks charge you rent!!! that's complete bull shhhhhh. tell them to grow up and stop hording you for your cash... then you will get your tank :hyper: im all for teaching a kid a lesson, but until your an adult, your the parents responsibility... charging rent to a minor... wow.

if i was in europe, id send ya some of my hornwort that is just growing like mad... sorry kid. wish i could help. good luck w/ the parents too :no:
 
your 16 and your folks charge you rent!!! that's complete bull shhhhhh. tell them to grow up and stop hording you for your cash... then you will get your tank :hyper: im all for teaching a kid a lesson, but until your an adult, your the parents responsibility... charging rent to a minor... wow.

if i was in europe, id send ya some of my hornwort that is just growing like mad... sorry kid. wish i could help. good luck w/ the parents too :no:
when your 16 you are classed as an adult in the UK.

Its hardly rent, its helping your parents out with the electric bill etc and i see no harm in it, just think of how much they spent on you when you were growing up! and all your doing is paying a fraction of it back.
 
16 year olds are adults in the UK? That's crazy.
 
Yep, sorry to say it but you are no longer classed as a minor, and you can get your own place, even get married (with parental consent mind you) and a host of other things besides. You can't drive a car until you're 17 over here, which is a bit odd, but still a good idea.
 
I'm glad I'm in the US then. That would suck, thats 2 years off your childhood and 2 years sooner that you'd have to go to college and work.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top