How Do You Feed Crickets To Fish? - Fish Choked During The Night

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well during the night my perch decided to munch on some more crickets, and i found him dead this morning with a cricket sticking out of his mouth :( poor thing must have ate more than his fill and choked!

i am so upset right now

well during the night my perch decided to munch on some more crickets, and i found him dead this morning with a cricket sticking out of his mouth :( poor thing must have ate more than his fill and choked!

i am so upset right now

Oh my god! Sorry to hear that, thats dreadful. :-(

I was wondering what to give my guys as a treat, maybe I wont bother :unsure:

i am crushed! this fish had such personality.... and he was by far my boyfriends favorite fish :( i think i am taking a break from feeders for a while. not that i ever had any problems with feeder fish but now that i have lost one fish i really dont want to risk others

This is just cruel - poor things :sad:

like any other topic on this forum....if you do not agree that is fine....but was your comment really necessary? no one is saying YOU have to feed your fish live food....but for fish that are naturally carnivorous, a bit of live food here and there can be quite stimulating for them. especially fish like the spotted climbing perch who is a known hunter

so please, unless you have something constructive to add .... don't waste your own time, other posters'/readers' time, and my time with unneeded negativity. Thank you.

I am entitled to my opinion- and as far as im aware this is a forum where anyone can post their opinion! And yeah I believe my comment was necessary -I dont like cruelty in any form, and in my eyes thats not negativity! As for wasting everyones time with my postings maybe you would be happy if I submit my postings to you for approval first before I post?

I am well aware that fish are naturally carnivorous. But 'natural' doesnt include putting live crickets into a tank where they are unable to get out and have to struggle for their lives for hours if the fish are not interested. In a 'natural' environment they may have a chance to escape. Maybe you think that insects dont matter but then thats just your negative opinion!

Fish are perfectly fine on frozen foods or food that has been humanely killed - no need for torture is there?

Most reactions

trending

Back