How big do cory cats get?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Billsjunkie

Reaction score
I went to the store with an interest in getting 3 more females for my male swordtails but there were no nice looking ones there. I was never into the cories before but they looked like nice little garbage pickers so I picked up two of them. I believe the tank description at petsmart said 3" but dont quote me on that. How big will these little buggers get. probably a half an inch right now. Also should I get more than two? The little guys hang out quite a bit with each other.

3in is about the size they will get (depending on what cory you got). They also like to be in schools... Of 1,000... Only kidding :D

2 is OK... A couple more would be nice.

I would recommend getting at least 4 - 6 Corys. The more the merrier is a perfect description of Corys in my opinion. Size depends on what species you got. If you can post a picture of it or go to Planet Catfish (link provided at the bottom of my post). On Planet Catfish there is a menu type of thing at the top of the page. Click on Cat-eLog and scientific names (all species). Scroll down to the C section and there are a whole lot of Corydoras in the section. Just click on the name of the corydoras and some pictures and info come up. Compare yours to the picture and you will find out what corys you have. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back