Honey Gourami's In A 48ltr Tank X

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Try giving the gouramis some. If they don't eat it then feed them flakes or if they're are struggling to eat it.

yep, thats what i plan to do :nod:

we are jumping a bit ahead arnt we, i havent got one of them yet! :lol:

so how many have you got? one with your ottos did you say? how big is your biorb you have it/ them in? :)

Yep they should be fine.

I have 30 litre biorb with two honey gouramis and 4 otos.

They never fight and they're lovely to watch. I will be getting one more honey to up the chances of them to breed as i have 8 cm of fish space left.

it will be sad to see my neons go, but it will be cool having 6 honey and red honey gouramis in.

thinking of getting some long plants for the back of the tank, moving the bogwood back a little and then geting some longed leaf plants to go around the bogwood. should look great x

thanks a lot miah, youv been a big help :) i wish you all the best with breeding them x

ps what would you do if the eggs all hatched succesfully? what would you do with all the gouramis? ????

would love to watch some breed, but i wouldnt no what to do with them all! :crazy:

I don't want to breed in te next month as i'll be going away on hoilday for 2 weeks.

If they all hatched then i'll let nature take place. They lay upto 600 eggs.

I done that with my platies before i new anything about fish keeping.

THey lived in my biorb before. The female gave birth to 60 babies and 57 made it to adulthood in the biorb, i gave 20 to my cousins and i sold 20 and i gave 17 away for free to the lfs.

Be careful there if you're getting pairs.48l is a small tank,once they start to breed,be prepared to move ALL except the breeding male out as he will harass anything that goes near his babies,even snails!!

Most reactions

trending

Back