HOLY BATMAN I got 1 fry who is alive........

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daisygirl

Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, out of my 3 eggs that were left with no fungus, I had one try to hatch and didn't survive, and I walked away and another hatched and is swimming around in my 2.5g..... okay, i'm so so so excited.... now, I have no idea what to do... I know they'll eat on the egg sac for the next couple of days.. I have first bites ready for my little guy, but I don't know about what else to do.... water changes? when? how often, anything else I need to do???
Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 10.25.08 AM.png

Cories? Aaaww! Congrats on the baby! Hopefully someone who knows how to raise them can come along and give you some advice soon, I've only ever raised livebearer fry, and they're super easy, barely an inconvenience :D
He's so tiny! I hope you keep a log of his progress here, love that sort of thing.

Yup, corys...I have a community tank of emeralds/albinos/false julli and lots of guppies... LOVE both my corys and guppies.... Such great fish with awesome personalities!! Thank you so much and I'll try to make sure to post updates on my little fry guy!! LOL..

Yup, corys...I have a community tank of emeralds/albinos/false julli and lots of guppies... LOVE both my corys and guppies.... Such great fish with awesome personalities!! Thank you so much and I'll try to make sure to post updates on my little fry guy!! LOL..
Love guppies! Love cories and loaches too, but my tank isn't really big enough for anything bar pygmy cories, and I already have otos which look very similar to pygmies. One day, I will have my nice big school of panda corydoras :)
Hope his parents give you some more eggs soon so he can have some buddies.

Congratulations on your Cory fry! :clap:

Make sure that the filter intake is covered up with panty hose - you don’t want your baby being sucked in there.

Also, do you have fry food?

Congratulations on your Cory fry! :clap:

Make sure that the filter intake is covered up with panty hose - you don’t want your baby being sucked in there.

Also, do you have fry food?

I dont think your emeralds and albino will breed - albino cories are Corydora Aneus and the emeralds are Brochis Splendens. Maybe one of your big girls is actually a boy? Brochis do grow quite big, is one a bit skinnier than the other?

Wills

I dont think your emeralds and albino will breed - albino cories are Corydora Aneus and the emeralds are Brochis Splendens. Maybe one of your big girls is actually a boy? Brochis do grow quite big, is one a bit skinnier than the other?

Wills
I have 2 young male Emeralds, but I didn't think he was old enough yet , but you never know what happens when the lights go out.. LOL. the 2 others are definitely girls who love to booty shake.. either way, i'm super stoked.... :)

Best thing is to get a plastic solo cup, poke tiny holes in it, small enough he can't squeeze out.

Place a bit of indian almond leaf or moss inside the cup with the fry.

Keep the water aerated, airstone outside of the cup. But keep the water just a few inches deep.

So for water changes, you just siphon out the water outside of the cup, so you don't siphon up the fry. Water changes are best daily

And in the cup, he can get food easiest (yes first bites is fine for him).

At least at a week old, add a very thin layer of sand--substrate is necessary as it holds beneficial bacteria and prevents infection and fry loss.

I'll get you a photo of my set up right now...

20200728_155148.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back