HOLY BATMAN I got 1 fry who is alive........

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Best thing is to get a plastic solo cup, poke tiny holes in it, small enough he can't squeeze out.

Place a bit of indian almond leaf or moss inside the cup with the fry.

Keep the water aerated, airstone outside of the cup. But keep the water just a few inches deep.

So for water changes, you just siphon out the water outside of the cup, so you don't siphon up the fry. Water changes are best daily

And in the cup, he can get food easiest (yes first bites is fine for him).

At least at a week old, add a very thin layer of sand--substrate is necessary as it holds beneficial bacteria and prevents infection and fry loss.

I'll get you a photo of my set up right now...

View attachment 110975
OH MY GOSH... thank you thank you... he's in my 2.5g tank at the moment but I think that's a good idea with the solo cup... so only a air stone, no heater or filter?

A heater may be necessary depending what your temperature is. It's really hot here so I havent had a need for a heater.

But for fry at this size you can get away with an airstone, or opt to use a small sponge filter.

the tank my cup is in is a 2.5 gallon as well.

in a week, it would be good to start him on baby brine shrimp, microworms, etc if you can get your hands on a culture of live foods or order the brine shrimp eggs online... while the first bites will be fine, they grow faster on live foods.

With cories and the first bites though, use a toothpick, dip just the very tip into water and then use that to stick the powder onto in the bag, then dunk it in the fry's cup. It will sink right away.

Use a pipette to suction out any uneaten food out of the cup.

Google how to make a brine shrimp hatchery out of a water bottle, air pump and tubing, desk lamp, and brine shrimp eggs with a pinch of baking soda. I recommend San Francisco Bay baby brine shrimp eggs. I fed them to all of my goldie fry. I also used the First Bites. Keep us posted!

Google how to make a brine shrimp hatchery out of a water bottle, air pump and tubing, desk lamp, and brine shrimp eggs with a pinch of baking soda. I recommend San Francisco Bay baby brine shrimp eggs. I fed them to all of my goldie fry. I also used the First Bites. Keep us posted!
thank you for the advice. I figured out how to do the baby brine shrimp and got a few things for it... it should be here next week after they turn a week old... btw... my last egg hatched, so now I have 2 fry... I added a small neo cardinia shrimp to help with cleaning up extra food.

thank you for the advice. I figured out how to do the baby brine shrimp and got a few things for it... it should be here next week after they turn a week old... btw... my last egg hatched, so now I have 2 fry... I added a small neo cardinia shrimp to help with cleaning up extra food.
You’ll be surprised at how much they grow eating
the brine shrimp. It ‘s fun to watch them chase them too. :)

that will be fun to watch .... currently both fry sit in different corners and I don't see them scootin around too much yet.. but ofcourse i'm not sitting there 24/7 ... lol

My 2 fry are doing very well.. here are pics on day 1, 5 and 6... tomorrow they will be a week old... wow are they getting big..

Attachments

• 20200728_102420.jpg
    20200728_102420.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200801_131239.jpg
    20200801_131239.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200802_153105.jpg
    20200802_153105.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 76

Most reactions

trending