The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Moony42

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello TFF :)

My betta ace and his friends have just been shifted to a new tank after a moss invasion.
I expected ace's tail to heal but its has not yet healed.
Can anyone tell me why?

ace 3.jpg

ace 3.jpg ace 2.jpg

Can someone help me?

Are you asking why Hikari food has not healed his tail? Hikari food won't help with health issues, water changes will.
I haven't used Hikari betta pellets for years so they may have changed the ingredients, but last time I had some it contained a lot of fillers and fish meal, which are not the best of ingredients.

I know that cherry barbs are one of the most non-aggressive barbs, but they may still see a betta's tail as something they just cannot resist.

I concur, clean water is the key. You can try to go buy all of this fancy medication for your fish, and the people at your local pet store will say, “This will help you out a lot!!” But in the end, clean water is the most important “medicine” you could ever give your fish. If you have doubts about the Cherry Barbs, then move Ace into a Quarantine tank, or another empty tank. Good luck! :)

Oh I don't have doubts about the cherry Barbs. Ace and the barbs are cool with each other.
I have been doing changes for a month still no effect man.

May we please have the exact water parameters? :)

Uhh, I don't have a test kit man. Sorry.

Do you have an LFS where they can test it for you? :)

You really need that test kit. It takes a while to see improvement. Do you see any clear new growth on the ends of the fins? Clean water and salt short term are the best treatments. If no improvement, it may be bacterial in which case you will need to get a med that fights bacterial infections. I finally had to treat mine with a Kanaplex and Furan-2 after everything else failed. Good luck!

Okie dokie guys!! I'll get a test kit!!

But as far as things go
HIKARI worked for my LFS to treat betta fin rot [legit real]
So will buying HIKARI help my betta?

And I bought this HIKARI from their website, not my LFS.

Not pertaining to this thread but being in India as you are, do you live in an area where you could possibly find wild aquarium fish. Zebra Danios can be found in India and some Gouramis. Just curious is all. But if you are then you are most fortunate.

It could be like Australia and all the nice fish live in crocodile infested water :(

One of the guys in fish club went up north to collect some fish. They camped a few hundred meters from the river bank and went out at night with a spotlight. They said they saw over 200 prs of red eyes looking in their direction. Most of them slept in their car that night.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back